Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
so what was causing the diesel sound? the belt?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,282 Posts

:D Just kidding, I LOVE using the "BS Flag" lolol

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
87 Posts
DEISEL sound

I've got the same problem with my 02' I-6 Bravada.
Now that summer is here (NJ) the sound is gone within 1 to 2 minutes.
I don't hear any unwanted noises after the first start of that day until
the next cold start of the following day. Def a lot noisier in the winter months.

Sucks but I keep in mind that I've got 130K and she's still running strong.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
133 Posts
i use mobil 1 and lucas oil treatment, always have since i bought my tb and mine make no sound what so ever, cold, hot or otherwise

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2005 Trailblazer with the 4.2 and it sounds like a diesel. I was worried until I read y'all's post. It's a great vehicle. I added some Greased Lighting oil additive and it helped. Quiets down after it warms up.

·
Registered
2005 gmc trailblazer_ls
157 Posts
So called diesel sound like is the nature of this Beast. I wouldn't worry about it , disappears after warm up. However personally I'm strongly against using any oil additives to quiet it down. Many of the additives can change viscosity of the oil and that may cause a problem with VVT. As long as you use good quality full synthetic 5 W 30 oil like mobile one you should be fine. It does have outstanding lubrication during a cold start. Don't forget that most of the engine's wear occurs during a startup , so quick oil flow is very important. Some people putting a 10 W 30 oil to quiet the noise but not me. I prefer to stick with 5w 30 good quality synthetic oil for better fuel economy , less wear on the engine and quickly warm up. That's just my five cents

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

21 - 27 of 27 Posts