Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was about 10 last night and I had this huge urge to go offroading.. So my friend and I hop in the TB, fill it up with gas.. and head north to a WMA. We were driving around, having a good time (nobody but us up there* so we thought)

We then come around a turn and find an opening in the woods. There was a humvee parked on the side of the trail. Fully decked out. As I go to drive around it a Ranger steps out with his headlamp on and looks at us, I asked him if we were interupting something. He responded with a friendly no, but we have a few guys doing a night ambush. He tells us we can go on but just dont get in the way. So we keep going and pass more parked military vehicles.. we keep driving. Then we see a ranger all by himself walking down the side of the trail, we stopped and asked if it was ok to go on, he said yes so we go further.. oh he also said there were a few guys up ahead so just be safe. Up ahead we find ourselfs face to face with fully packed Rangers with night vision goggles and armed with I'm assuming they were Airsoft M16-A4s and SAW One even had an RPG. So we stopped and they just kept coming from around the bend, there were atleast 50 of them.

On the way back we stopped at one of the way points and I inquired about taking a pic next to one of the vehicles. The response was "Sure.... If you really want to" It was funny at the time but here's the pic.

They also let us convoy with them which was pretty cool. They were HAULING down these trails - a bit too fast at times but we kept up just fine in the TB.

Also got a short video of us hauling down the trail so I'll upload that onto my youtube account. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
916 Posts
:cool:!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Im sure the headlights did a number on their eyes with their NVG's

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2007 isuzu ascender
16 Posts
Why would you think they would bother with airsoft? The M998 they're driving looks like it invaded Panama in the 80's. Don't worry about the headlights, the NVGs just black out when you hit them with that much light. I'm sure they were hauling down the trail, the same reason they don't have their K-pots on while driving, rangers are F-ing cowboys.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Being in the ARMY i can promise you those were not Airsoft guns. I would bet most likely M4-Carbine, maybe a few M249 SAW's. as for the RPG it was prolly a training round called a Javelin. Nice pics by the way. Wish i could fit the HMMWV tires on my TB as im sure i could get 4 or more of them. but i just dont think i can fit 37x10.5 LOL

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
970 Posts
Being in the ARMY i can promise you those were not Airsoft guns. I would bet most likely M4-Carbine, maybe a few M249 SAW's. as for the RPG it was prolly a training round called a Javelin. Nice pics by the way. Wish i could fit the HMMWV tires on my TB as im sure i could get 4 or more of them. but i just dont think i can fit 37x10.5 LOL
how long you been at fort hood?

as for the rifles they might've been setup for that laser stuff that they sometimes do in training.

·
Registered
454 Posts
how long you been at fort hood?

as for the rifles they might've been setup for that laser stuff that they sometimes do in training.
I have been at ft hood 2yrs total but im deployed right now. after i get back im pcsing to ft campbell. closer to home

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
970 Posts
I have been at ft hood 2yrs total but im deployed right now. after i get back im pcsing to ft campbell. closer to home
ah,i had a cousin that was at fort campbell and fort hood.

he got out about 2 years ago though.

his son was born right on his kitchen floor

he was an 88M,and did 3 tours.

:eek:fftopic:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts