Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I told you guys this thing just gets more & more expensive! :crazy:

I've been on vacation, and spent some time thinking about my stereo. I've decided that the Premier HU I had picked won't do. So I've ordered the Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD. It's a DD unit that will fill the space left by the factory HU. Plus, it does all kinds of cool stuff, and is one big touchscreen for my iPhone. Found it on Amazon for $283. List is $450. :yes:

Add that to the four 6.5" Infinity Reference speakers and the outboard amp & sub I am also having installed, and I'd say that should do it for me. Should go in this week... pics to follow.

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
dang thats a nice HU, saw it in the background on some CES pics, very nice.

meh, $283, its a start. :laugh:

cough**kappa**

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
221 Posts
:excited: Please take some pics when you get installed. I might just have to get one. Very nice. :excited:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
44 Posts
Thanks for this. It looks like the HU solution I've been looking for with the different inputs. I wish it had NAV, then it would begin to compete with the HU my girlfriend has in Japan.

My factory HU works fine, so I can wait a week to order it and would like to see the pictures and read your review.

·
Premium Member
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
116 Posts
Jetdriver SS

Was it necessary to purchase a new wire harness or adaptor to interface with the vehicle's electronics? I was told the wire harness alone would be about $130-150 for a non stock HU, and that a GM dealer would need to recode the system to get all the accessories working.....door chimes, etc. I only half know what I'm talking about....bottom line, I was told I couldn't just pull the stock HU and stuff a new unit (non-oem) in its place. Your experience?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
198 Posts
Was it necessary to purchase a new wire harness or adaptor to interface with the vehicle's electronics? I was told the wire harness alone would be about $130-150 for a non stock HU, and that a GM dealer would need to recode the system to get all the accessories working.....door chimes, etc. I only half know what I'm talking about....bottom line, I was told I couldn't just pull the stock HU and stuff a new unit (non-oem) in its place. Your experience?
To keep all your chimes etc., just get a Metra gmos-01 and you should be all set. No the dealer doesn't have to recode anything.

Should be able to find one of these for $80 or less.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
37 Posts
Let me know how you like this HU as I am looking at getting the 4100 because of the bigger screen, but with all the extra adapters I need for XM radio and to keep onstar and bose this one may be more reasonable--gotta have money for sub(s) still. I really like the sleek button designs on these pioneers!

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
Let me know how you like this HU as I am looking at getting the 4100 because of the bigger screen, but with all the extra adapters I need for XM radio and to keep onstar and bose this one may be more reasonable--gotta have money for sub(s) still. I really like the sleek button designs on these pioneers!
if your gonna spend that much i would just get a NAV unit.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
37 Posts
He got his for under $300 and I can get the one I am talking about for under $400 off of Amazon.com and it'll be extremely hard to get a quality navigation HU for that price, at least that I have found. Plus I got an iPhone so pointless to have multiple navigation units for me. I was really impressed that Amazon.com had pioneer HU at such a cheap price, whereas their prices on other brands are similar to other websites/stores.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
37 Posts
started my own thread so not to hijack his, but would still appreciate OP's input on the HU please and progress on his system

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
started my own thread so not to hijack his, but would still appreciate OP's input on the HU please and progress on his system
Thx. Install is Monday, so we'll see how it goes. Also, the EQ is a 3 band parametric, which I feel is pretty flexible.

Tried to post earlier, but kept getting error messages. :(

1 - 20 of 43 Posts