Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome... now I just have to figure out which wire is what.... its a 7 pin connector... i've found some write ups online already, but they all mention different color wires...

Pin 1 - PINK
Pin 2 - BLACK
Pin 3 - GREEN
Pin 4 - GRAY
Pin 5 - PINK
Pin 6 - BLUE w/ WHITE STRIPE
Pin 7 - BLACK w/ WHITE STRIPE

Anyone have any thoughts? Mirror is out of a 2000 Suburban I think... It was given to me, so I'm not sure....... :x

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found this... almost matches.....

GM wire harness color // function
PIN 1 PINK // POWER +12 volts
PIN 2 BK // CHASSIS, GND
PIN 3 LT GRN // BACKUP LIGHTS
PIN 4 GY // TO AUTO DIM OUTSIDE MIRROR
PIN 5 PINK // TO AUTO DIM OUTSIDE MIRROR
PIN 6 DR GRN/WT // TEMP PROBE
PIN 7 BK/WT // TEMP PROBE

ALSO this one...

1-Pink – Power from Ignition
2-Black - Ground
3-Lt. Green – Backup lamps (not used)
4-Gray – Auto dim for outside mirrors return (not used)
5-Pink – Auto dim for outside mirrors (not used)
6-Lt Green/Black (+ for temp sensor)
7-Brown (- for temp sensor)

They both show the same things for the same PIN #'s... just different colors... safe to assume that the PIN function matches, just wire color doesn't???

This will be installed tomorrow if I get this wiring confirmed!!! Just need to pick up an outside temp sensor!!!!!!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
Nice Mario!

That's a good length of connector wire too :yes:

Normally they are cut alot shorter! Hope you can get all the pinouts you need to get it working.

Chris

P.S. - Nice Laptop! ;)

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! Going to try to run the wires later... Mirror is already in place. I figure I can get IGN & GRD at the overhead console that i have there... just need to run 2 wires down the A-pillar for the Temp Sensor. Since I don't have that yet, I'm just going to leave the wiring under the dash. So I should have Compass by later today.

WOOT. Such an awesome and simple mod... and I can't beat the price I got it for either.... FREE!

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
Make sure you leave enough wire coiled up under the dash to get out to the center of your grille for the temp sensor.....if you buy the GM wire connector for the sensor it comes with approx 12" of wire coming out of the plug

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
anyone know what the Back Up Lamps feature on these mirrors is for? PIN #3

EDIT::: found it....

12-VOLT (POSITIVE) REVERSE LAMP CONNECTION (OPTIONAL)

8.1 Route the white wire to a reverse triggered wire.
8.2 Using a multimeter, check for a wire at fuse block or in driver's step well area that tests for positive when shifting the vehicle into reverse.
8.3 Using a butt connector, scotch lock or t-tap connector, connect the wire to the reverse circuit wire at this time.

NOTE: The use of this optional wire is at your discretion. When vehicle is in reverse, it un-dims the mirror for better visibility.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,968 Posts
nice.....i really....really want one of these.....

glad you got it for the best price.....FREE!!!!

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
what is that extra wiring coming out the back thats plugged into that chip board???

I had that coming out the back of mine and I cut it off... I am thinking it wasnt a good idea to do that :(

cuz my display lights up but "everything" is lit up. :worried:

I will post a picture of it tomorrow

1 - 18 of 18 Posts