Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

My Newest Mod - Black Chrome Wheels

27K views 47 replies 39 participants last post by  gohawk9 
#1 ·
I had the stock wheels powder-coated in dark black chrome. I can't seem to get a decent picture of the finish. Depending on the lighting, the color changes. Sometimes it's pitch black, sometimes you can easily see the chrome base shining through. Anyway, here are some pics.

Wheel closeup...

See less See more
#14 ·
I have had the same look with painted factory rims for the last 4 months, I just changed to chrome rims. This is what I have noticed:

1) You will draw less law enforcement attention with black rims

2) Only real car guys will notice your custom work

3) If you let your truck get dirty - you have the ultimate sleeper!

4) A lowering kit makes the SUV look even more aggressive

Only my 2 cents.......nice work!:thumbsup:

#15 ·
Thanks for all the comments, everyone! :D

Tim, I noticed your SS a while back and loved the menacing look of it. Thank you for the compliment and suggestions. :)
It's funny you mention law enforcement. I have a good friend who is a cop. I met up with him and several of the other guys on the force the day I had the wheels put on. If I had been in the market to sell the SS, I had 15 potential buyers when they saw it. Every one of them loved it.

#25 ·
you should bring your tail lights down to a body shop and have them smoked out!!! im doing that to mine but my SS is white, i think it would finish it off nice. and you be able to see your brake lights just fine. im doing to tail, 3rd and those 2 little reflectors soon.. and the wheels look awesome and keep the tips it make it look real mean in the pics mabye its different when you right there tho

#27 ·
Smoked out lenses are next on the list. I LOVE the look of it. I just hope I can find a good shop close by that can do it well.

I am guessing that's your SS in your avatar... What kind of bulbs are you running? That looks wicked.

Looks awesome.Do u have your windshield tinted?
Thank you. Yea, I have the windshield done in 35%.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.