Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the stock wheels powder-coated in dark black chrome. I can't seem to get a decent picture of the finish. Depending on the lighting, the color changes. Sometimes it's pitch black, sometimes you can easily see the chrome base shining through. Anyway, here are some pics.

Wheel closeup...

·
Registered
836 Posts
Very nice. There is another member going for the blacked out stealth look too. I just don't remember who it is:duh: .

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
The license plate says it all. Kick azz mod!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have had the same look with painted factory rims for the last 4 months, I just changed to chrome rims. This is what I have noticed:

1) You will draw less law enforcement attention with black rims

2) Only real car guys will notice your custom work

3) If you let your truck get dirty - you have the ultimate sleeper!

4) A lowering kit makes the SUV look even more aggressive

Only my 2 cents.......nice work!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the comments, everyone! :D

Tim, I noticed your SS a while back and loved the menacing look of it. Thank you for the compliment and suggestions. :)
It's funny you mention law enforcement. I have a good friend who is a cop. I met up with him and several of the other guys on the force the day I had the wheels put on. If I had been in the market to sell the SS, I had 15 potential buyers when they saw it. Every one of them loved it.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I have had the same look with painted factory rims for the last 4 months, I just changed to chrome rims. This is what I have noticed:

1) You will draw less law enforcement attention with black rims

2) Only real car guys will notice your custom work

3) If you let your truck get dirty - you have the ultimate sleeper!

4) A lowering kit makes the SUV look even more aggressive

Only my 2 cents.......nice work!:thumbsup:
indeed. no need to clean wheels and i havent been noticed by a cop in a long time.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts