Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 07' awd tbss. Like everyone else on here i got the itch and cant leave it alone. I was thinking of swapping out the headlights and grille and putting on the new tb lt lights that dont have the grille going into the light. Didnt see anyone do this on here yet. Also it has rear air suspension...is there any kits to put a air strut on the front and put a release valve in the rear so when i park i can dump it?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
Welcome! :tiphat

woodbridge eh? not to far from me at all...if u wind up deciding to get rid of the lights/grill lemme kno :thumbsup:

btw we have alot of meets...keep yur eyes open...we tend to have the most/best ones in jurz :woot:

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Why would you ever swap the 06-09 LT lights onto an SS? IMHO I think they're downright ugly and mess the front end look up big time. The SS front end is somewhat coveted, lots of regular TB owners are swapping the front and rear ends because they look 100x better. Its your truck so your call, but why put the $$ into that? Get some performance parts or suspension stuff instead, its an SS after all.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
Why would you ever swap the 06-09 LT lights onto an SS? IMHO I think they're downright ugly and mess the front end look up big time. The SS front end is somewhat coveted, lots of regular TB owners are swapping the front and rear ends because they look 100x better. Its your truck so your call, but why put the $$ into that? Get some performance parts or suspension stuff instead, its an SS after all.
probally he wants ricers to assume hes a regular tb rather than a SS so that when he races they think they got beat by a regular tb.

Welcome!

·
Registered
2007 chevy
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks 4 all the love guys. As for why I would ever wanna put the LT grille and lights on my TBSS. My dad has a shop and I been building trucks and cars since i was old enough to kno what a car is. I recently built a 98 Tahoe with a Escalade front end. After about like 100 hours of taking the body off the frame..cutting out the 4wd parts...swapping in a 2wd suspension lowering the **** out of it...painting it...the nicest wheels i could find...the biggest brakes i could afford and enuf headaches to last a lifetime i finished it. drove it for a few months...won the Funkmaster Flex show and then a week later lost it to some guy texting and drilled me in the rear and pushed me in a truck totalling it. Ok now the real ****ty part...I did have it insured as anything but a 98 tahoe therefore got 5500 back from the insurance instead of the 16k in just mods i put into it. Now i bought a TBSS and want to make the tribute vehicle to it. Heres some pics of some of my rides and how i want the TBSS to look. Let me know if you think its a good idea or get over the old truck and do something different. Oh yea and as for the LT grille and lights i think it would make the truck look more like my old truck with the smoother front end. One pic is photoshopped

·
Registered
2007 chevy
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heres what im going for with the paint scheme and the LT lights and grille with a ramair hood. It was a 5 min photoshop but yout get the point...

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
you can get ART Shockwaves for the front and better bags for the rear and bypass the stock compressor so you can dump it

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
290 Posts
Just like that a sleeper.. My cousin had a dodge colt once with a turboed talon motor in it that was built to move and the car looked like crap but it was nuttty:woot:

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
hmmmm yes and no... they bolt up to the stock lower strut arm.. but when you air it out the front half shaft boots might come loose slinging grease everywhere due to the extreme angle ..

·
Registered
2007 chevy
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds good with the air strut....Any one ever put a drop control arms or spindles on there and see if that helps out with the angle of the axles?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts