Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt_xl
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally finshed my sub install, and i am very happy with the box and the sound . I am using a Fosgate amp to drive the 12" MTX sub, sounds great with the stock HU.

Attachments

·
Banned
2006 gmc envoy_denali
391 Posts
Looks good! I have a Fosgate Puch 75 right beside me, maybe I could use that...but it is old. Was it hard to hook into the existing stereo? mine is a Bose with an amp behind where your sub is, i think. I wish I could get a bit more out of my factory system, maybe thats the way to go.

·
Banned
2006 gmc envoy_denali
391 Posts
How did you connect it to the stock headunit? I've got a 12" bazooka just sitting around that I'd like to put to some use.
Thats kinda funny cause I got one of those Bazooka tubes too(non amp kind). Its pretty old too.
I am curious to know how difficult it is to wire up to the existing unit?

·
Banned
2006 gmc envoy_denali
391 Posts
the 75 HD or the 25 to life series? Im assuming the former:undecided
All I know is its a Rockford Fosgate Punch 75(bridgeable), probably at least 15 plus years old, might not even work. But I would like to add to the factory system and the sub idea I think is perfect. Just need to know how difficult to tap into system. Maybe a trip to the car stereo store....but that could be expensive.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
I would assume you used a line out convertor, but i would love to know where you hooked it in at.

·
Registered
chevy
357 Posts
I finally finshed my sub install, and i am very happy with the box and the sound . I am using a Fosgate amp to drive the 12" MTX sub, sounds great with the stock HU.
Looks good. Who made that box? I've seen side mounted 10" boxes, but first time here on a 12" box. Also, first time seeing a red MTX sub.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt_xl
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok guys, what i have is the Bose system, i tapped into the front speakers using an rca connector that i cut to splice into, than i hooked up my rca cable going to the amp. I did have to put a ground loop isolator in for the buzz. As for the box i made myself 22x18x8 ported.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts