Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
so?

1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters. loooooool too funny!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
come on, come on.....progress pics!!!
hey now....paint drying takes time.....especially when it's not so hot outside....

I've had the console for probably 4 months now....i started this morning cutting out the hole for switches.....no i have to get all the wring done...and soon i'll have my Warning lights switches up in the over head console. I should have a row of eight switches when i'm done....

Master EMR/Strobes/WIGWAG/Front LED/REAR BAR/OTHER REAR/ROOF LIGHTBAR (TBA)/REAR LIGHTING (TBA)

that's the plan. So today...found some free time and started this little project.

there's a chance it might get completed by the summertime....lol :dielaugh::dielaugh:

this is turning into Chris's strobe project :x

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
this is turning into Chris's strobe project :x
Hey!!!! :hissy:

Aw, who am I kidding. Took a long time bu:hissy:t with the outcome (at least in the back) it was worth it.

But seill....HEY!!!

Can't wait to see the progress pictures :yes:

Chris

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey!!!! :hissy:

Aw, who am I kidding. Took a long time bu:hissy:t with the outcome (at least in the back) it was worth it.

But seill....HEY!!!

Can't wait to see the progress pictures :yes:

Chris
Just kidding with ya buddy!!!:yes:

So as i am done for the night, i got the "mounting" plate all painted black, some of the wiring is done, and now i gotta figure out how to install the console into my roof....lol

so off to the article section i go....which in fact....never shows you how to connect the windshield side of it. it looks like you have to custom make a bracket to get it to stay....so we'll have to see about that.

I'm just happy to at least start this project....after looking at the console sititng in my garage for the last 6 months....

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Gotta devote yourself more to the mods lololol

j/k looks like it will be a great project :)

if ya need pics of the console mounting let me know i will pull mine and take pics

Jason

·
Registered
chevy
1,797 Posts
Gotta devote yourself more to the mods lololol

j/k looks like it will be a great project :)

if ya need pics of the console mounting let me know i will pull mine and take pics

Jason
He has a gf... hence distraction...:raspberry

Just make sure you pull an all nighter tonight and get it done!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Just kidding with ya buddy!!!:yes:

So as i am done for the night, i got the "mounting" plate all painted black, some of the wiring is done, and now i gotta figure out how to install the console into my roof....lol

so off to the article section i go....which in fact....never shows you how to connect the windshield side of it. it looks like you have to custom make a bracket to get it to stay....so we'll have to see about that.

I'm just happy to at least start this project....after looking at the console sititng in my garage for the last 6 months....

Did you originally have a console there? If not, you either need to make a bracket, or get the mounting plate, which is what OEM installed consoles have. It's a black plastic plate that mounts to the roof, then the console mounts to that. I am not sure if I still have the one from my replacement, but I can check for you :yes:. But it may take a year :dielaugh:

Chris

PS - Sorry for my other incoherent post. Don't drink and post! :no:

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you originally have a console there? If not, you either need to make a bracket, or get the mounting plate, which is what OEM installed consoles have. It's a black plastic plate that mounts to the roof, then the console mounts to that. I am not sure if I still have the one from my replacement, but I can check for you :yes:. But it may take a year :dielaugh:

Chris

PS - Sorry for my other incoherent post. Don't drink and post! :no:
No, i didn't originally have a console there....i got mine off.....ebay....lol

if you have a mounting plate......i'd gladly take it off your hands

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:ugh::hissy::duh:

I can't believe it

I dropped my camera card in my room where i'm wiring up the console and now i can't find it.....i took it out my card reader, dropped it, and now i can't find it...>WTF...this is really annoying me.

anyways

i got the switches mounted, and some wiring done.

now i need to make a mount....if chris can't find his....

/rant

i want to find my card....

id show you pics but......

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
You planning on having this done by MORA??? Figure me and you can swap ideas and look at current content on our TB's at the meet.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
:ugh::hissy::duh:

I can't believe it

I dropped my camera card in my room where i'm wiring up the console and now i can't find it.....
Uh huh, sure. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

:dielaugh:

Hope you find it! :yes:

Yes, I still have the mounting bracket. Shoot me your address and I will get it out to you :yes:

Chris

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You planning on having this done by MORA??? Figure me and you can swap ideas and look at current content on our TB's at the meet.
I was hoping to have this done by mora, but with Chris sending me the proper bracket it loks like it will not quite be done.....but that's ok....all of my stuff works, and I'll bring it with me to show you if you want.

Uh huh, sure. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

:dielaugh:

Hope you find it! :yes:

Yes, I still have the mounting bracket. Shoot me your address and I will get it out to you :yes:

Chris
really I did lose it....pi$$e$ me off because I have a few pics on there i REALLY want.....

but i did go out and buy a new one tonight....still don't know where the old on is. :(

here's where I'm at so far

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Chris, all i can say is :hail: THANK YOU.

the mounting bracket helped tremendously...:hail::hail:

so i got it done

and here are some pics, still need to do some of the wiring, but the idea is clear

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
finally done

neat and tucked away.....only cut one side a little too big :bonk:

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
here's one last pic of the stuff that got removed. i hid the headlight flasher in the dash now that i have a seperate switch for it, and the three switch panel is now gone :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts