Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got the truck a couple of days ago and got some pics taken today and wanted to share them and get some feedback. Here are the mods I want to have accomplished; all of them except rims & tires (can't afford those for at least a year)can be done within a year, but I need help deciding the order of when to do them! If you have recommendations for certain brands or styles let me know-

1. Billet Grille
2. Bug Shield
3. Amp
4. Sub (Have fosgate P3D412)
5. Tint
6. Exhaust
7. HID headlights
8. K&N filter

·
Premium Member
2008 gmc envoy_sle
224 Posts
:thumbsup: Looks good! I really like the in-dash DVD player :)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
328 Posts
Looking good! Personally I would go with:

1. Billet Grille
2. Bug Shield
7. HID headlights
8. K&N filter

Not necessarily that order but you get the idea. I just bought a billet grille on ebay it fit ok and looked good but if you have more money to throw at it get a better one. As far as bug shield goes I got the AVS Hoodflector. It’s similar to the bugflector II but more low profile than the other. HIDs I can’t remember what brand I went with but I think 6000K is plenty but you may like another color. And of course K&Ns are nice I personally just bought the filter because I didn’t have the cash for an intake but you may want to think an intake over just a filter.

I have not put an exhaust on mine but I have heard that it is hard to get a decent sound out of the 4.2. One popular thing that you could try and I have not done is remove the resonator. It is supposed to produce a decent sound without replacing the muffler. Some have actually still replaced the muffler and got some decent sounds. There is a lot on this topic to do a search and should find some good info.

A lot of this is personal opinion so it’s really all up to you. Have fun with it! :)

·
Registered
2005 chevy
256 Posts
wow, I REALLY like your interior..... would look fantastic with a set of black leather seats, IMO...

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
59 Posts
Nice color :thumbsup: I'd say depending on what you want to do first, appearance, sound system, or performance you want more would determine what mod(s) to do first.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice color :thumbsup: I'd say depending on what you want to do first, appearance, sound system, or performance you want more would determine what mod(s) to do first.
See, that's my dilemma...I can't decide if I want to prioritize appearance/sound or performance or the other way around. :undecided

·
Premium Member
2008 gmc envoy_sle
224 Posts
I'd say get those front windows tinted first, that way anything else you do to the inside is concealed... plus you can keep unwanted people from eying that DVD player, or any other interior mods you do.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
264 Posts
1. Instead of buying an expensive grille, we spent two hours and $2.57 on the gutter guard grille mod.
2. Vinyl bowtie (FREE) - call a local sign shop and ask for spare vinyl.
3. Resonator delete ($75)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd say get those front windows tinted first, that way anything else you do to the inside is concealed... plus you can keep unwanted people from eying that DVD player, or any other interior mods you do.
That's a great point...and I was kind of leaning towards tint first. SO, I think I'll be getting tinted on Thursday! :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1. Instead of buying an expensive grille, we spent two hours and $2.57 on the gutter guard grille mod.
2. Vinyl bowtie (FREE) - call a local sign shop and ask for spare vinyl.
3. Resonator delete ($75)
Would you mind PMing me with some more details on what to buy and how to do the gutter guard method? I've been very interested in doing that, but can't find any how-to guides with pics. Well, if you don't mind I love more info on all the stuff you mentioned!!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
264 Posts
1. Flatten the gutter guard, put bricks, tire on it....... Doesn't make the most difference, easier to cut.
2. Remove front grille (black mesh, silver bar)
3. Cut gutter guard to fit the inside of the grille (above and below the silver crosbar)
4. Making it a tight fit, press the gutter guard into the grille
5. Fasten the gutter guard to the grille mesh (we got thin silver wire and looped it around and twited on back)

I'm not really sure how to explain this, and we didn't take pictures (just before and after) - try searching "gutter guard" and there should be better how-to.
just checked, google DIY GUTTER GUARD GRILLE and tons of how-to show up. Also make sure you get the pieces, 3ft (have clips on edges) not the roll up gutter guard.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1. Flatten the gutter guard, put bricks, tire on it....... Doesn't make the most difference, easier to cut.
2. Remove front grille (black mesh, silver bar)
3. Cut gutter guard to fit the inside of the grille (above and below the silver crosbar)
4. Making it a tight fit, press the gutter guard into the grille
5. Fasten the gutter guard to the grille mesh (we got thin silver wire and looped it around and twited on back)

I'm not really sure how to explain this, and we didn't take pictures (just before and after) - try searching "gutter guard" and there should be better how-to.
just checked, google DIY GUTTER GUARD GRILLE and tons of how-to show up. Also make sure you get the pieces, 3ft (have clips on edges) not the roll up gutter guard.
No, that helps...a lot of the tutorials don't mention to flatten it out first so I'm glad you said to. I'm probably not going to be able to do it until Thursday, but I'll post some pics after.

:thx

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, that helps...a lot of the tutorials don't mention to flatten it out first so I'm glad you said to. I'm probably not going to be able to do it until Thursday, but I'll post some pics after.

:thx
I couldn't wait until tomorrow when I had a day off and I did it last night....not bad for the amount of time it took and I'm overall happy with the results. I could of taken a little more time, but I think it'll do for a bit. Ill post a pic tonight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts