Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'll try to be as short and direct about this without all the details...Last Sat. evening 5/9, my better half and I were involved in a one vehicle accident leaving a merge ramp about 37-40 mph and entering a 65 mph 2-lane highway...We had just about gotten off the slight curve and began accelerating from ramp speed to highway speed to a grooved concrete merge lane and we fishtailed across a wet spot in the road. I felt like the truck was gonna' spin around and I immediately began to slow her down, then we side-slid into the concrete merge lane and subseqently ended up putting us nearly head-on into the concrete divider/barrier...The steering wheel and passenger airbags deployed and definitely spared us any serious injuries, for sure...OnStar called us :thumbsup: and I stated that we were both OK and we directed them to our exact location on this highway...Troopers show up and question us about what occurred and I laid it all out honestly...After the FD paramedics checked us out, the trooper told me that the area that we fish-tailed on wasn't wet, but I stated that it really was almost a half-hour ago(it took them almost 20 minutes to initially get there), so he gave me a ticket for "Speed not reasonable and prudent". I couldn't really care less about the ticket as I was truly relieved and thankful for being spared much worse physical injury to my girlfriend and I, as well as other motorists...So, the insurance firm offered us 14k for our severely front-end damaged, once beautiful pride and joy...Yup, it's definitely totaled and with that brings change,so we are looking for another TrailBlazer-preferably a 2007, but we are flexible and the search is on in the greater Central NY state area...We are checking out various dealer websites for ideas, etc. We are definitely looking for an LT but a well appointed LS will do the trick, I guess...Is there any of our "Thruway Crew" community or anyone within 125 or-so miles of Utica,NY area have any dealers to recommend that can provide us with a good selection to help us make our selection??? Any input in our quest for a newer TrailBlazer would be greatly appreciated. I was the 108th member to join this wonderful community here at TrailVoy and I FULLY plan to stay right here for a long time to come :yes: Thank you for reading this "shortened" version of a rather traumatic time in our lives, and we are putting it in our rear-view mirror from here on out...Peace, and I certainly hope that our next TB will be as awesome and beautiful as the late "Lumberjack Cadillac"...I'd appreciate a few responses -if you have a minute or two to help a brother out...Thanks again ~Eric~

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Warren, we are a solid 5 hrs. from the island, but ANY suggestions, input, advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks to all for your replies and concerns, keep 'em coming, 'cuz they will get our attention...

·
Registered
2008 chevy
15,980 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.