Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you guys have seen my current ride ...

But this is what I used to roll in 1991-1992 . Its a 1991 4 Door S10 with 4" Suspension lift and 3" Body Lift with 35x12.5 BFGs .

Pretty cool huh . Until this happened :eek: . This was a 105 MPH rollover .

Crazy thing was before I wrecked it I had it scheduled to go into the shop the next week for a custom straight axle lift and 38.5 Swamper Radials :cry: .

James

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Wow 105 in a lifted Blazer.:crazy:
Was pretty cool looking though, before the rollover that is.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
:undecided I want your truck:laugh:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Roadie that's an awesome picture that could be used for many situations.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
James -

That was a nice Blazer, and please don't take this the wrong way, but 105 mph???!! That's just stupid in my opinion. An SUV is top heavy anyway, but lifted adds to that. I'm sure you know this, and I don't know the situation of the accident, but you were certainly lucky to walk away from that crash alive.

Your TB is gorgeous :yes: as was the old S10 Blazer

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,219 Posts
good thing you didn't just spend the money for a bigger lift and tires. So what's the story behind the roll other than speed? Were you taking a turn, or just lost control?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
good thing you didn't just spend the money for a bigger lift and tires. So what's the story behind the roll other than speed? Were you taking a turn, or just lost control?
Chasing a Ford Mustang on country roads at night after heavy rains , young and stupid . Hit a section of the road flooded about 2 foot deep and thats where the SHTF . It was a choice of either hitting a telephone pole or not . I chose quickly to miss the pole and you see the result . Me and 4 others went for the ride , at least 2 full sideways rolls landing on the wheels .

YES I know lifted trucks are top heavy and that 100 mph+ speed is not a smart thing , and that we were all lucky to walk away . I don't need any lectures , just thought I'd share with you guys . :nono:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
...just thought I'd share with you guys..
We're glad you stayed with us, and lived to be the godfather of the lifted trailvoy movement. :hail:

I was soooooo glad when the statute of limitations ran out on the stupid things I did in college. :yes:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was soooooo glad when the statute of limitations ran out on the stupid things I did in college. :yes:
I hear ya on that .
This wasn't the only dumb stunt I pulled as a youngin :x .

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
YES I know lifted trucks are top heavy and that 100 mph+ speed is not a smart thing , and that we were all lucky to walk away . I don't need any lectures , just thought I'd share with you guys . :nono:
Sorry to be lecturing you, and it was not my original intent :no: (although it did come out that way). Glad everyone was OK. At least you learned from it, and look, now you have the awesomest (is that a word?) TB!

I appreciate you sharing the story, and the photos.

Sorry if I was a jerk :x

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
now i gotta mke room on my worshipping stand for a picture of your TB. it goes right there with roadie's, AlekG's, and teebes'...

both are very nice rides, too bad about the outcome on the S10, but hey, it got you into the TB :)

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
171 Posts
nice rides

i had a 88 s10 blazer 2 door 4.3l auto 3.73 gears. 4 in suspension and 3 in body and sawzalled fenders with at first 35's then 37's. it was alot of fun! a great truck! just got sick of breaking front end parts. i swapped it out for a 97 wrangler. why not do the solid axle swap on the new truck! it would be sweet! not that it isnt cool now! but 37's on a trailblazer would be awesome!! nice ride either way congrats!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
goin 105mph isent cool in anyway unless its on a track so therefor IM GLAD your ok but you deserved it, it was your own stupidy
Learn to spell , then you can criticize me buddy .
I'm not looking for your approval . I already stated I was young and stupid .

So...

James

*I have a feeling I'm going to get a warning for this post :undecided

1 - 20 of 24 Posts