Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened was yesterday I was driving and things went crazy, my gauges stopped working, the lights were not on the radio was not on then my car slowed down, I pulled into a parking lot where the car died. Someone did come jump my car but even then it was running really rough and eventually died within a matter of 10 minutes.

Currently my car will not turn over unless it's jumped, I bought a new battery to see if it had to do with that it clearly doesn't, I don't think it's the alternator either because once it's jumped it does keep running. It's currently at my mechanics and has been there all day. I was told it will be there tomorrow.

I will note that for some reason the engine was really low on oil like when you take the dipstick out it was dry. Luckily I didn't seize my engine.

I'm just really worried what could be wrong, anyone have any ideas?

We do have a remote starter.

Oh and also just as my car died I had rolled down my window to talk to the guy who jumped me so that's stuck down. I cannot roll up the windows lock the cars with a switch.

Is my cars life over?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
129 Posts
I don't think your car's life is over. It's definitely an electrical issue of some type. It could be something as simple as a battery cable or ground. Don't give up hope! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
179 Posts
Sounds crazy but try an ignition switch. Before i replaced my starter on my envoy last year i was having some weird electrical issues. Similar except mine wouldn’t die. Replaced ignition switch and all was well again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3 Posts
Similar problems

Wow, I had the almost the same kind of problems about a year and a half ago. I had to keep jumping mine, the dash gauges quit, the battery died and it finally refused to even jump start.

I took it to a shop that happened to be right next to the Auto Zone I was stuck and was told it was the starter.
I do all of my own work, I just needed some diagnostic help because of all the electrical problems I was having.

I have the 5.3 and changing the starter is a bitch, and I just didn't believe the starter could cause all of the problems I was having. So I started digging thru the internet and found that the ignition switch could cause crazy stuff to happen. So I figured, I'd try it and see. sure enough that fixed all of my problems.

I couldn't believe that little thing could cause so many different systems to malfunction.

I love my Trailblazer, but the electronic systems, not so much. lol

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
179 Posts
Wow, I had the almost the same kind of problems about a year and a half ago. I had to keep jumping mine, the dash gauges quit, the battery died and it finally refused to even jump start.

I took it to a shop that happened to be right next to the Auto Zone I was stuck and was told it was the starter.

I do all of my own work, I just needed some diagnostic help because of all the electrical problems I was having.

I have the 5.3 and changing the starter is a bitch, and I just didn't believe the starter could cause all of the problems I was having. So I started digging thru the internet and found that the ignition switch could cause crazy stuff to happen. So I figured, I'd try it and see. sure enough that fixed all of my problems.

I couldn't believe that little thing could cause so many different systems to malfunction.

I love my Trailblazer, but the electronic systems, not so much. lol

Yes i replaced starter on my 5.3 envoy as well and yeh 2.5 hr of my life gone but saved a ton doing it myself. Was a pain but knowing now how to do it i could prob do it in lil over an hour. But yes similar issues and ignition switch fixed it as well. I hate electronics sometimes

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3 Posts
Ignition switch problems

Sorry you had to change your starter. I didn't change mine, and my old one is still working great. I'm 62 years old and don't have the extra time to waste, plus, I just did not trust the shop that told me it was the starter.
Hell I won't trust any shop. My AC went out just before memorial day weekend last year, I pulled into Sun Devil Auto , they told me I needed a compressor. they gave me an estimate of almost $1000. It turned out to be the belt tension-er pulley broke. Which was under a previous warranty and I had changed. cost me nothing to fix.

I've found that it's cheaper to rent a car for a week and do my own repairs a little at a time than let some shop work on my vehicles.

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
179 Posts
Sorry you had to change your starter. I didn't change mine, and my old one is still working great. I'm 62 years old and don't have the extra time to waste, plus, I just did not trust the shop that told me it was the starter.

Hell I won't trust any shop. My AC went out just before memorial day weekend last year, I pulled into Sun Devil Auto , they told me I needed a compressor. they gave me an estimate of almost $1000. It turned out to be the belt tension-er pulley broke. Which was under a previous warranty and I had changed. cost me nothing to fix.

I've found that it's cheaper to rent a car for a week and do my own repairs a little at a time than let some shop work on my vehicles.

I agree. To many crooks thats y i do all my own stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts