Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. This is my first post. I hope it's in the right place. I'd appreciate any help anyone could give me. I'll be taking the Trailblazer back to the dealer tomorrow and am looking for answers.

Here's the deal.

A couple of weeks ago I noticed a problem with my 06 Chevy Trailblazer. My warranty is about to expire so I figure I'd better get it checked out. The problem is hard to describe. At low or no speed when the wheel is turned either direction the feedback in the steering wheel isn't smooth. It feels like something is rubbing or binding. There's also a slight whine that's audible. Turning a corner at 20mph produces a slight pulse in the wheel.

After a short test drive with the tech, him driving, his first impression was the power steering pump or rack and pinion. I go to the waiting room and my Trailblazer disappears into one of the service bays.

About a half an hour later the service writer comes to get me.

Service writer: You're all set.

Me: That was fast, what was the problem?

Service writer: You've got one, but we're not 100% sure what it is.

Me: So it's not fixed?

Service writer: No. Since we don't know exactly what's wrong, GM will not let us try to fix it. We don't have any money. You've seen the news? They won't let us throw parts at it anymore.

Me: Huh, now what?

He tells me that the problem has been noted in my file and reported to the national tech something or other. If other cars across the country report the same problem and GM figures out what is wrong, they'll call me to schedule a repair.

"The keys are in it. Have a nice day". "Oh and you'll get a survey in the mail. Please give me all good scores so I can keep my job".

Sorry this has turned into a bit of a rant. After the tech said he felt the problem, the paper work says it could not be duplicated, yada-yada.

I'm taking it back to the dealer in the morning. They're going to give it an "extended test drive". I'm not very optimistic and would appreciate any help this board could give me.

Thanks for listening.

Tom

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
I don't have an answer to your problem, but wanted to say welcome to the site.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Have them check the Wheel Hub assemblies.. The issue you are describing sounds like a Bearing going bad. Do you notice a difference when turning right or left??

·
Banned
2006 gmc envoy_denali
391 Posts
If they don't want to throw parts at it, they should determine the problem and fix it:duh:. It's not like ur asking them to throw parts at it, just the part thats broken. What a bunch of BS. Not sure if you know the General Manger but they usually have a better way of resolving problems. Have him test drive and mention the stabiltrack issue. If you know ur right then be firm, firm but polite. Make it happen! I once had to sue a dealership for a bad deal on a trade, they actually forged my signature on DOT forms. Took me three years but I eventually got to prove my point and get back what was mine :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the fast answers and the welcomes. A guy over on the BMW Sport Touring board (http://bmwst.com) pointed me in this direction. :thumbsup:

I'll mention the Wheel Hub assemblies and Stabilitrack. I don't care how long they have to keep it, I've got back-up transport, I just want it fixed. I feel like they gave me a pat on the head and sent me away. It's my fault for taking it. Now that I've had time to stew about it, well...

Anyway, good to be here.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat Unfortunately, I think we are going to see a lot more of this behavior before it gets better. Did they put anything in writing for you. Something like: We don't know what we are doing but, bring it back when it breaks so it will cost us even more to fix. Having it in the data base is good. But having a paper in hand so no one can say the computer ate it = Priceless.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The tech said he could feel it, the paper work says "concern could not be duplicated". I hope I don't have a fight on my hands.

·
Banned
2006 gmc envoy_denali
391 Posts
: Did they put anything in writing for you. Something like: We don't know what we are doing but, bring it back when it breaks so it will cost us even more to fix. Having it in the data base is good. But having a paper in hand so no one can say the computer ate it = Priceless.
Yep, well said, when I started having issues with the Dealership, I started sending e mails and cc General Manager and Service Manager:thumbsup:.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,667 Posts
"The keys are in it. Have a nice day". "Oh and you'll get a survey in the mail. Please give me all good scores so I can keep my job".
:eek:fftopic:
Don't you love it? The service manager is saying " I know I didn't fix your car and didn't really do my job, but hey give me a good review anyhow, ok?"

PLEASE! :hissy:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,111 Posts
Hey Tom, welcome to TV. Which dealer did you take it to, Rockford, Belvidere? If so, I would suggest Bud Weiser in Beloit. If you want to throw my name around, just tell them I'm the one with the supercharged black SS. Harry is the service manager, and is a fair guy. For some reason :rolleyes: they actually know how to treat customers, which in Rockford seems to elude them. Good luck.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
Sorry for your stroke of bad luck ,can't help this time, but WELCOME to the site!:woohoo::tiphat:tiphat

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would suggest Bud Weiser in Beloit.
Thanks for the tip. I didn't want to name names until I see how this is going to play out. How's this? I bought the TB close to home and I live near the Cherry Vale Mall.

I'll give them one more shot at it, then go see Bud Weiser.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,111 Posts
I hope they help you out. Back in Jan. '06 the "Mall guys" got the first TBSS in, and me wanting one, went to test drive it. Salesman came along :hissy:and after the drive said "we're adding 5K to MSRP because these are hard to get. Well, went to BW in Beloit, test drove one with my wife (saleman just threw us the keys), and proceeded to order one for 5K below MSRP. :thumbsup: Done deal. Last nite drove home our new Pontiac G8 GT from Dencker which is right next door to Bud Weiser, and they are great too. Must have something to do with the border. :undecided :D

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
449 Posts
The tech said he could feel it, the paper work says "concern could not be duplicated". I hope I don't have a fight on my hands.
Personally, I would be concerned about this wording.

When you take it back, ask/make them put it into writing
that they *can* reproduce the problem via test drive, but
are unable/unwilling to fix it.

Thats an entirely different case than "Concern could not be duplicated".
To me, that says, "the customer reported a noise, but we cant reproduce it".

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
564 Posts
Ask for the phone number of the regional service mgr,that was my solution to the dealer's lack of knowledge

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
449 Posts
Ask for the phone number of the regional service mgr,that was my solution to the dealer's lack of knowledge
Or pop over to consumerist.com and send an EECB to GM Execs..;)

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
251 Posts
Isn't Obama the head of GM? Didn't he promise to back their warranties? They have all kinds of money now! :crackup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts