Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is not every ones flavor, but her is the beginning of some camo adds

Bowtie and front brackets. Made the brackets out of 3/8" steel and bent to hide
on the underside to keep the top clean.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am in conversation with the manufacturer of the bugshield. The pattern is supposed to look like the bowtie, but the brown "hue" does not belong.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have the vent visors, but am waiting on replacements. I have the GM molded mudflaps with the white Chevy logo, this morning I cut out the camo to fit inside the bowtie, and it does look nice, both my wife and daughter like it. I will be doing the bowtie on the tailgate and had planned on the sides and bumpers but may change that. Just want to accent, not overdo it.

Here is a pics of the mudflaps

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
Not my personal preference, but looks good. Nice clean install, and heck, it's what makes our rides unique to the drivers!

Well done :yes:

Is that a Hunter brush guard? If so, did the brackets you made have any effect (i.e. not as much play in the brush guard)?

Chris

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
330 Posts
Wow man I love it! Nothing wrong with putting a little Camo on the ride. I love the bugshield and bowtie, keep it up! :hail:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With the brackets it is rock solid. I had wanted brackets, so one day a used car dealer had a Westin brush guard out for sale $50, and it had the bent main beams, I stopped and looked at it and saw that they had support brackets coming from the side, that let me know there was an anchor point behind the grille. So I brainstormed and fabricated. Mine look like this -----\/--, so they are mounted underneath the cross bar. I can still mount lights if I decide to.

This is a Polar Bear brush guard, I also have the rear bumper guard on, plus I got the taillight guards(which I have not put on) Some guy had a trailblazer, it was getting repo'd and he took these all off to sell. He was asking $200, I gave him $100. They are not perfect, but work for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts