Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few months of challenges by ricers and kids in their cobalts with mufflers I finally meet a worthy opponent. My dad and I were headed back home and I notice a Chevy Colorado coming up on my tail. Being the nice guy i get over 1 lane to let him pass. It was nothing special, some hood vents, base model wheels, then as he gets past me I notice a sticker on his tailgate "Turbo". I'm thinking, why would someone put a turbo on a truck like that. So I get back behind him and catch up and he does what i thought he would do, he got over and I decided to get even with him and what does he do? HAHA, he takes off and yep i hear the faint whine of a turbo spooling up. So I floor it with him about 1 length ahead of me and never looked back except to make sure I was far enough past (which I was) by about 3 lengths at 110mph to get over to keep from running over another grandma in the fast lane. Hope its a first of many to come. I'm new to the site so hope you all like my first story. :woot:

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
121 Posts
Actually I don't like your story - driving 110 mph on a public street when you could lose control and take an innocent person with you is not cool. Save the racing and kills for the track.

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
- driving 110 mph on a public street when you could lose control and take an innocent person with you is not cool. Save the racing and kills for the track.
:iagree:...but it is DAMN hard to lay off the throttle!!! but my beef is the bashing of a 355 'rado :sadcry: :crackup:.. my brother plays a huge part in the 355/360 joint meets with us and 355nation.net...

but i know the feeling.. my first kill in my SS was a GP GTP supercharged... good kill.. but remember be asfe :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do not disagree

Actually I don't like your story - driving 110 mph on a public street when you could lose control and take an innocent person with you is not cool. Save the racing and kills for the track.
But, i would never drive beyond what i feel are my limits, 110 is not really that fast, if you dont think so, get an SS up to 130 and let it shut off, 20 mph makes a huge difference. It was perfect weather, not many people on the highway, first kill but i agree a little stupid, just a little;)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts
Nice :thumbsup:, I won't rant.

Bottom line, im not for or against street racing. If its in the city, ya kinda dumb. If its open freeway, why not. Just try and be safe, know your limits, and watch out for the other guy.

People die at the tracks too

Come on, most guys don't buy a supercharged v8 just to get the lowest mpg possible :bonk:.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Great kill and welcome to the site.......it may sound reckless but come on now guys......110 or not....everyone has done it....its nothing to brag about but the guy was at least honest....give him a break....LOL.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
685 Posts
Good kill Mr. Murderer.:D

Don't listen to the pansy that can't handle speed. They are just on this site to put stickers and big rims on the cars and talk about how hot their car is.

Oh and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
340 Posts
I think I can attest to the majority of TBSS owners out there: It is damn hard NOT to put the hammer down every once in awhile! And also, getting to 110 in a TBSS is SOOOO EASY to do! :D

Of course, you need to pick your spots, and always think safety first.

:thx

·
Registered
374 Posts
damn, i leave trailvoy.com for a while, and when i come back its full of pansies.
110mph is/would be my normal driving if grandma would get out of the fast lane.
after my pcmforless tune my SS hits 140 and wants to keep going. now thats fast.:bonk:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.