Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:duh::duh:Hi to all,

I have a 2002 chevy trailblazer 4.2 liter. I am attempting to change out the fuel pump on my own without ever having mechanic training due to rough economy. My little brother and I managed to change out the fuel filter, learned how to disconnect the battery together and changed out the sparks plug together. So far all is good. Now we want to change out the fuel pump( MAY GOD BE WITH US) LOL...anyway, we are not able to see all the pictures on the sight only about 4 showed up the rest of them have a small x in a box. and we really need to see those pics, because we are by no means professional, but we are applying the whole common sense factor. please help what do we do

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
Welcome to the site. :tiphat

If i remember correctly the fuel pump is inside the gas tank. So you will have to drop the tank to get to it.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
314 Posts
Welcome to the Site

Welcome to the site ,there is a thread on how to change the fuel pump.You both will need a special tool to disassemble & later o re-assemble fuel pump as not to puncture the tank .Anyhow go to search then click it,then type in fuel pump.okay ,Now select the thread with pic's.Safety First.Not a good first time Project this is one that is experienced needed. Springbuck

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Tell us why you think the fuel pump needs to be changed.

Your posts sounds like you may be throwing parts at a problem. Let us help you diagnose the problem.

If your just doing maintenance, you don't need to worry about the fuel pump.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
270 Posts
I agree with Ray Voy,
Has the fuel pump been diagnosed as bad?, If it has then good luck to ya. there are plenty of us here that can give you a hand. If you are having a problem ie. rough idle, engine dying and/or other problems, throwing parts at it is much more expensive than letting some of the gurus here help you through a diagnostic.

good luck! :tiphat

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat welcome :tiphat .Please fill in your User CP. It will help us help you. Depending on your location, most public libraries have Self-Help sections with repair manuals.:m2: My sister-in-law gets one for her car every time she wants me to fix something. We will help if we can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.