Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought TB about two weeks ago to have something practical when my son is born in June. My other cars, in addition to my wife's Grand Cherokee, are a 600-horse caged Mustang which is getting painted at the moment and in no way is even remotely practical (a 10-gallon fuel cell and a 5,000 stall speed don't make for an economical commute to day care) and a city-owned police car. Obviously, I needed something to put the little guy in.

I'm trying very hard to not be distracted from the Mustang. I really don't need to spend money on two vehicles, but I'm a gear head from birth so I don't have much choice.

A friend of mine, who is the master bodyman that is working on my stang, took a few minutes to hook me up with some 8624 white and sprayed and cleared the grille bar for me. I painted the bowtie black and he cleared it along with the white.

I then painted the grey bumper trim black using SEM Trim Paint. I haven't got past the front bumper yet.

Finally, I debadged and clay barred.

Two weeks and I'm really diggin' this truck, although it's throwing a thermostat/cooling temp code so I've got to get under the hood this weekend to change that out (thanks for the play by play on the forum!).

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Welcome man!

Looking good, white is the best color on our trucks. Maybe Im just slightly biased though...:duh:

Can you tell me more about the SEM trim paint? The gray on my 02 is really starting to look crappy, Ive been putting Mothers Back to Black on it but want a more permanent solution.

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
looks good,,oh yeah and my condolences on hearing about the ownership of a mustang,,,,keep your head up,not everyone can own a gm product:crackup:

·
Registered
2007 chevy
130 Posts
looks great

That looks really good! Nice and clean. Just makes your TB stand out from the crowd. :hail:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome man!

Looking good, white is the best color on our trucks. Maybe Im just slightly biased though...:duh:

Can you tell me more about the SEM trim paint? The gray on my 02 is really starting to look crappy, Ive been putting Mothers Back to Black on it but want a more permanent solution.

Truly a great, durable product.
SEM Trim Paint

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, my EXT twin!

Welcome to the site.

Bill

(Looks food?)
Yes, it does look food doesn't it? A little too high in iron for my liking (boooooo).

I find it impressive how much larger the EXT is than my Grand Cherokee.

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
522 Posts
Nice, I noticed the push bars on vehicle behind the TB....Your "daily driver".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts