Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without any warning what-so-ever, my engine died while driving down the road. I just bought the automobile 2 months ago, it's only got 37k miles on it. Figures, just 1K miles after the freaking mfg. warranty went out on it. Anyone got any ideas?

I've read someone had trouble with their PCM (Power Control Module going out). I've also read a clogged fuel pump could cause that. However, I don't think that's the problem.

What would these cost?
I'm hoping that because this car was certified and has the 100K mile (DriveTrain, Engine and Tranny) warranty, that I'll be okay.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Could also be as simple as a $20 ignition switch that took out the power to the PCM.

More details please.

The engine died. Did it cough first? Make noises? Is the SES light on? Did the gauges continue to run OK as the engine quit? Lights OK? Radio? When you tried to restart it, did it crank? Try to fire and fail?

Lots of possibilities. Let's go through the checklist the same way the dealer is going to ask you.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
Could also be as simple as a $20 ignition switch that took out the power to the PCM.

More details please.

The engine died. Did it cough first? Make noises? Is the SES light on? Did the gauges continue to run OK as the engine quit? Lights OK? Radio? When you tried to restart it, did it crank? Try to fire and fail?

Lots of possibilities. Let's go through the checklist the same way the dealer is going to ask you.
I know this is a sorry first post but....

My 06 Trailblazer just died on me while driving down the road, gauges continued to work and when I coasted to a stop the engine just cranks and cranks. I am thinking it sounds like the fuel pump but its odd for it to go out while driving isnt it? I have 50k miles. :(

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
:hijacked:iagree:Yes more info, but welcome to the site! I'm sure someone will help you when we have more info as there's so many possibilities!:thumbsup:
Sorry for the thread hijack and the apparent lack of info, Im just a tad stressed at the moment.

The gauges work, no moaning or groaning from the engine, radio works, no fuel pump noises when the ignition is engaged. Rpm dropped from 2k to 400 then to nothing, I dropped it into neutral and coasted with the 4ways on till I found a safe pull off. My fuel gauge has not worked in a month or two so I expected a faulty sending unit.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
270 Posts
Sorry for the thread hijack and the apparent lack of info, Im just a tad stressed at the moment.

The gauges work, no moaning or groaning from the engine, radio works, no fuel pump noises when the ignition is engaged. Rpm dropped from 2k to 400 then to nothing, I dropped it into neutral and coasted with the 4ways on till I found a safe pull off. My fuel gauge has not worked in a month or two so I expected a faulty sending unit.
Could it simply be NO FUEL in the tank??? Are you sure there's enough gas to run?
If yes, It might be the ignition switch, or a blown out fuse. Make sure all the fuses are intact in addition to the ignition relay. Do you have a scanner? Are there codes or pending ones? If yes, what do they read?
check fuses # 16, 19, 22, 28, 34, 36
Check relay # 47

1 - 11 of 11 Posts