Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i was planning on doing some 1/0 when i was done with college for the semester, thats what ive been doing for the past week. ill tell you guys one thing right now, i wont ever work with regular 1/0 again, maybe next time 2 runs for 4 gauge or some hyperflex/ultraflex, that stuff really doesn't want to bend whatsoever. i got 20feet of 1/0 knu knoceptz, but it wasn't quite enough, so i went over to caraudio.com (ca.com) and bought some extra pieces i needed for doing the fuses and short lengths like that. now on to the pics.

so here is the beginning. the 1/0 didn't want to bend, thats why its on that side of the fuse block. Ive also got a stinger 200 amp isolator under there too, bought that off ca.com for $40

also went ahead and moved my power and audio cables. when i got my car i had it "professional" installed, they just ran the power and audio cables on the same side. also glad that the 1/0 fit under the panels so i didn't have to run it under the carpeting.

you'll see that i had to move my Kinetik HC600, the power terminals and 1/0 wouldn't bend so i had to move it. its still behind the panels, just not accessible. and the distribution block is also knu konceptz (fused 100 amps each) 1/0 to 2x 4 gauge. i was cheap and reused my wire so Ive got lots of colors :cool:

mono installed, just need to run the wires under the carpeting so you wont see almost any wire. and yes 8 gauge speaker wire :yes:

so before i did the wire i had a lot of static with my equalizer on, sometimes id just have to turn it off, the problem was that there was too many grounds and it was affecting the sound. now with a common ground its all but stopped. it has 3 runs of 4 gauge to a 1/0 ground, grounded to one of the seat bolts.

the 4 channel, pushes the hertz hsk 165s real nice :D, and both amps were upgrade to 4 gauge power and ground.

some TREO love

nothing new here, all though i need to remount the kicker eq, its inching down to one side.

should hold me over for awhile, :woot:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
301 Posts
nice and clean i like where u put the fuse/ dist block under the cover i might need to steal your idea

also any issues with the sundown over heating in the cubby?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys, i try really hard to keep it clean. i wanted to put the ground distro in the other cubby, but i didnt have enough 1/0 nor did i know of a good ground back there.

as for the sundown, it doesn't over heat, but it does get hot. if I'm on a long haul, like back to college, ill take out the cover. my last amp, zapco iforce, went into thermal protection mode when i was playing at full tilt for like 2 hours. though i had 2 alpines in there to begin with and they never even got hot to the touch.

got tired of the 10" icon, needed more SPL :D, id forgotten how loud these mothers get :D

overall i think i really helped with some dimming i have. i still have some at full tilt, maybe a big 3 is in order ..... and new rear breaks .... and low/fog HIDs ......

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you could Use 1/0 welding cable (super flexible) to solve your stiff wire issues :undecided
ill pass on welding cable, i thought welding cable was super stiff. next time will be 2x runs of 4 gauge or some kicker hyperflex or some knu konceptz ultraflex, snd some other companices make some flexable cable too.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
198 Posts
you could Use 1/0 welding cable (super flexible) to solve your stiff wire issues :undecided
When my friend's and I first got started in car audio back in the early 80's, that is exactly what we used.
Super flexible, but the only color we could get was black. I don't recall anyone making wire for car audio back then. Especially in 4 ga.

People thought we were nuts to run that big of wire in those days.:crazy:

Oh BTW Gavin, that looks good.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,050 Posts
When my friend's and I first got started in car audio back in the early 80's, that is exactly what we used.
Super flexible, but the only color we could get was black. I don't recall anyone making wire for car audio back then. Especially in 4 ga.

People thought we were nuts to run that big of wire in those days.:crazy:

Oh BTW Gavin, that looks good.
There was always Phoenix Gold in the early to mid 80's. You could only get red or black at that time and up to 4 guage. But it was really expensive, so I always went to a marine parts shop and bought the cable that I needed and got it a lot cheaper. There you could get up to 2 guage for doing battery runs in boats.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
198 Posts
There was always Phoenix Gold in the early to mid 80's. You could only get red or black at that time and up to 4 guage. But it was really expensive, so I always went to a marine parts shop and bought the cable that I needed and got it a lot cheaper. There you could get up to 2 guage for doing battery runs in boats.
You are right, Phoenix Gold was around and it was expensive. That's probably why I don't remember it/any being around.

Or it could be from getting old. :laugh::sleepy:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.