Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, where to start. I bought it new in March of 06 and was very pleased with it until I got to the 30,000 mile mark. My switch started malfunctioning on me and left me stranded a couple of times. This was fixed under a warranty claim. At 39,000 miles the fuel guage started coming and going on me until one day it just keeled over and didn't move again. Wasn't covered under warranty b/c I was too cheap to pay for it "BIG MISTAKE". I bought the part for $100 bucks and had to pull the tank to install it. If that wasn't enough, at 64,000 my switch started going out again so I thought. Then my A/C vents would not blow. Only had defrost and floor. Then the Fan speed wouldn't work past 4. Then one day I'm driving down the interstate and my tb shuts off and won't start back up. Get it to the shop and it's popping PCMB fuses like nothing. So my mechanic thinks it's the PCM. To be safe, we went to the local dealership here and they scanned it. Come to find out there is a short somewhere between the PCMB relay and the fuel pump. We pulled the tank and the wires that feed the fuel pump itself are melted together, yes inside the fuel tank. Got the new pump from GM @ $417 went back to install it and it didn't come with a new sending unit. Back to the parts store for another 100 part and it's fixed. Now my vent blows again but no high speed on the fan motor. Wow, who knew one automobile could be so screwed up. I've always been a die hard GM fan and owner but not impressed with this vehicle. Very sub-par quality.:suicide:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.