Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently just bout a trailblazer and I wanted to do a offroad build. I already found a lift and some rims I want to get but I didn't know that every trailblazer didn't have locking diffs. I looked for the code in my glove box and mine has the GU6. I don't really know what that code is for but I'm assuming I don't have the locking diffs. Is there any aftermarket solutions or am I just stuck with what I got?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,632 Posts
You could go to a salvage yard and find a G80 rear end or differential innards. Just make sure it has the same gear ratio as the one you have.

·
Registered
2009 chevy trailblazer_lt
170 Posts
You could also add an aftermarket locker or limited slip. I know Eaton makes a limited slip, the True Trac, which will fit. I think there are others available, too. At least there were the last time I looked, about 6 years ago. A junk yard G80 will probably be a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You could go to a salvage yard and find a G80 rear end or differential innards. Just make sure it has the same gear ratio as the one you have.
My tb is the ls and I kept reading that the G80 had a different gear ratio and a larger axle size then what's in mine. Is that true?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts