Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 trailblazer and it's taken on a life of it's own. It started with my remote entry ceasing to work. My ac / heat decided it would only work on #4 setting. That was followed by my rear wipers coming off and on as they please regardless of what I do with the control switch and will continue to run intermittently even with the key removed from the ignition. That was followed by the rear hatch not unlocking when I unlock the car. Lastly, yesterday the ac / heat switch decided it didn't want to work at all.

Could it be the bcm making my car go crazy?

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
33 Posts
I am no expert and at times come here myself for help.

I feel though that you might be fighting two separate issues.

#1 Rear Tailgate
If all other door unlock as normal then I would suspect the tailgate itself.
The wiper symptoms in the real tailgate also reinforce this thought.
Perhaps a wiring issue, a broken wire, or a ground issue.
I have seen bad grounds do some weird things in other vehicles.

#2 AC/Heat Switch
When you say it worked on #4 only and then not at all .... are you talking about the Blower Fan Speed control?

I'd like to say this is easy to work on based on my experiences with other vehicles however since it's on a GM product ( I have an Envoy ) I cannot speak to it directly.

Simple systems have the switch and a ballast resistor that feeds power to the fan motor. Those two components are where I would focus, however GM may have made things slightly more complicated.

Someone with experience in this area should be along to give better advice.

This forum doesn't not seem to be as active as others but what help I have gotten here has been great.

My experience based expertise comes from working on Jeep Cherokees, Wranglers, and Grand Cherokees.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,470 Posts
I would have to agree with the above comments. The tailgate issues are most likely a broken wire in the harness that runs between the body and the tailgate. The first place to look is in the wires running thru the rubber boot at the top left of the tailgate.

As far as the blower motor is concerned, I don't know which HVAC system you have (manual or automatic), I assume it is the manual since you talk about speed #4 setting. If that is the case, you need to look into the resistor pack located near the blower motor. These items are behind the glovebox and the the left. The resistor has probably failed, and you should also look at the connector and its wires for evidence of overheating or corrosion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts