Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the exterior pics guys, still needs a compound and wax pretty bad. 7 years old and harsh winters... Ive had it for about 5 months now. Heres the exterior mod list:
  • Powdercoated black stock wheels
  • 15% Tint all around except windshield
  • Gray plastic rocker panels and gray bumper pads were all stripped down, sanded, and sprayed base coat clear coat factory color match from NAPA
  • Original chrome grille piece removed, sanded and stripped, factory match paint
  • Debadged "chevrolet" from trunk lid
  • 3" flowmaster exhaust, powdercoated custom tips are on the way...
  • Simple custom mesh grille mod
  • Avs black bug deflector w/o logo and avs window guards

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did you paint the gray bumper pads? I would like to do that to mine.
The rear bumper cover comes off rather easily (only about 10-15 mins). Once thats off you can see from underneath exactly how the pads clip in, so that you can take them off the bumper cover. I sanded them very lightly so the paint could adhere easier, cleaned them with laquor thinner, then srayed em black with some good black spray paint from NAPA thats meant to adhere to plastics (not krylon or any of that junk, i use black automotive acrylic made by martin senior paints) Theyve been done for a few months now and dont show any signs of wear and look much better, for about 10 bucks and some time.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
294 Posts
Looks good. Great work. I wonder how my plastics would look if i tried to color match them with the Dark Gray that is on my TB, but then they would get all scratched up with me going offroad probably.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
Did you paint your side pieces too? They look good with the TrailBlazer logo on there!:woohoo:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you paint your side pieces too? They look good with the TrailBlazer logo on there!:woohoo:
Thanks very much, yea they're painted as well.

Looks good. Great work. I wonder how my plastics would look if i tried to color match them with the Dark Gray that is on my TB, but then they would get all scratched up with me going offroad probably.
Thanks a lot :D Well the plastics on the sides were done with the same paint i used to spray my rear bumper in my fathers shop (automotive acrylic with flex additive, base coat and clear coat, through professional guns), and i shot a couple extra layers of clear on em just because i figured that they would get abused in that location. I'm pretty confident that theyre going to be fine in the long run.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
266 Posts
where is that pic at?? looks like a place i use to live in blairsville pennsylvania when i went to wyotech.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
where is that pic at?? looks like a place i use to live in blairsville pennsylvania when i went to wyotech.
Altoona, PA. Its the Nittany Point Apt Complex. I wouldnt be surprised if the same company owned the place where you lived.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
266 Posts
Altoona, PA. Its the Nittany Point Apt Complex. I wouldnt be surprised if the same company owned the place where you lived.
the people that we dealt with paying was prudential realty so i dunno if they owned it or not. but those apt complex look exactly like mine. i know altoona sounds familiar but i never went there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts