Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really hoping someone can help me with this. My engine seized and had to have it replaced. I went to pick up my 02 envoy today and when i picked it up the ABS light, brake light were on. Also the blower will not work on the heater, A/C unit AND the rear air suspension light will not work and the rear end will not come up. The blower will not work no matter what level you have it on and it blows hot air and you cannot change the temperature.

I had none of these were problems before the engine was replaced. The mechanic is saying that these are all seperate issues and wants to replace the ABS control module, the blower resistor and the leveling switch. He says that none of these related to the work that they did replacing the engine. It is hard for me to beleive that all three problem went bad at the same time. Does anyone one know what issue could cause all three issue at the same time? The mechanic and i both checked all fuses and relays and all check out ok. The didgnosis computer will not speak to the ABS control module at all. Everything mechanically seems to be running fine but like i said I just went to pick my Envoy up today.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Well, I'm gonna guess a ground was left disconnected.

However, I am having a little difficulty following your complaint path.

I would tackle one problem and see if the fix for it corrects the other problems.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I removed the grounding wire, cleaned the ring and the contact area on the frame and replaced it. Everything is still the same. If i wasnt clear before, does anyone one know what one common problem could cause the ABS/brake light, blow motor and rear leveling system to all quit working at the same time. I would assume becasue of the work done previously that there is a loose connect, ground, etc. I also just replaced the blow motor resistor and it made no difference. The mecahnic that replaced the engine says it is nothing they did and will chanrge me for any other work. I am trying to figure out where to start.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grounding wires

I checked all the grounding points and the problem still exsists. The ABS and brake light will turn off for a few seconds and then come back on. The blower and the rear leveling system will still not work.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Solved!

I kept reading on here how the ignition switch casued all kind of wierd problems so decided what the heck, I'll replace it and see what happens. Honestly didnt think it would be it but that was it. So it is true, if you dont know what it is in the Envoy change the ignition switch first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts