Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my pioneer 4400 installed using the GMOS-04 I was told by the installer that the harness uses 2 out of 3 RCA ports. My question is how do I go about installing more then one amp?

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
29 Posts
im no expert

I install electronics for fun in my car but I have been doing a lot of reading lately I know for the power wire you run it from your battery to where your amps will be then they sell a splitter not sure of the name of it but it has one input for wire and two outputs you wire the wire from the battery into the side where there is one connection and then on the other side run wires from the connection to your amp and do the same for the remote wire and audio wire not sure if its true for the audio wire i know there are splitters for audio cables and run those as you normally would

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6 Posts
gmos04

If you use multiple amps you won't need to have these plugged in. I take it that you have factory bose now and plan to upgrade to a 4ch/ 2ch or mono or even 5 channel as I did. Once you do so, the factory amp is completely bypassed therefore they can be left unplugged in the dash. Hope that's helpful and not to vague.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you use multiple amps you won't need to have these plugged in. I take it that you have factory bose now and plan to upgrade to a 4ch/ 2ch or mono or even 5 channel as I did. Once you do so, the factory amp is completely bypassed therefore they can be left unplugged in the dash. Hope that's helpful and not to vague.
What happens if I wanna keep the factory amp and just add two other amps one for subs and 4 channel for 6x9s? Would that be possible ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.