Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at changing the muffler on my envoy and i have only heard a few tb that have had them changed one sounded good and one sounded like crap. so i was just wondering what you guys are running and if you can post any clips of what they sound like

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
i avoided getting a new nuffler, haha. just deleted the resonator and got a nice tip with stainless steel straight pipe! less than 65 dollars for the entire project, and it looks and sounds a ton better.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
363 Posts
4'' Tip welded to a 3.(something) Pipe (Totally forgot the dimensions. Sorry). Everything else is bone stock.

Sound Clip.

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/J1013/Exhaust Change/?action=view&current=sClip.flv

Video doesn't do it justice. The tone is a tad bit lower in person than what's on the clip, but once I hit the 1800rpm - sounds like a 4 banger with a coffee can strapped to the back. :sadcry:

EDIT: Ops, you wanted muffler clips. LOL. Oh well.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well to start i did the resonator delete today give it a little better sound and does not look as horrible. preston what series muffler do you have and size and i like the burn out footage lol

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
143 Posts
The kit# is 16704 which has 1 main muffler and 2 rear resonators as far as what exact muffler I am not sure because it does not list the parts seperately.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts