Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a muffler that has a nice deep sound. And what size on 08 envoy denali. Also what to do with res?

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
14 Posts
Hey Nick,

I have a 07 trailblazer with the 5.3L. I did the resonator delete and replaced the stock muffler with a single in and single out Borla muffler. I get no drone with that muffler even when it goes into 4 cylinder mode. Borla is by far the deepest tone I have heard without being obnoxiously loud. I have used Flowmasters and Magnaflows and have gotten drone with both of them. I got the all 304 stainless muffler off of ebay for $75. It is very deep and throaty when you are on it but at cruising speed it is maybe a hair bit louder than stock. In fact I think it is only as loud as stock just a deeper tone.

The 5.3L uses 2.75" piping from the factory. I got a center in offset out 3" muffler and the shop was able to push the stock pipe into the muffler inlet and weld around it. I did single in and single out because I do tow and wanted to keep all my low end torque. Not saying all duals will cause a loss in low end torque but it is very easy to oversize the pipes and reduce back pressure too much. It happened to me on another vehicle. A single 3" pipe will support about 450 hp.

Now some other things to keep in mind is what you use the vehicle for. What I mean is that I did the outlet straight out the back and when I just got my travel trailer the sound echoes like crazy off the front of the trailer so I just took it back to the shop to change the outlet. They reworked the outlet so that it angles down so hopefully it don't echo.

I hope this helps.

Jason

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
14 Posts
No problem. The 5.3's sound great with a good muffler. The ticket is finding something that doesn't drone like crazy. That's a little more difficult to do on a suv as the whole thing is cab space.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts