Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
The muffler is after the cat flange before the rear wheels......the ugly 5 gallon bucket on the back is the resonator....cut the resonator off and weld on a straight pipe, looks better and sounds a little better too!!

Some people have replaced their system from the cat back, some just the muffler with a flowmaster, or whatever flavor they prefer. It all depends on how loud you want your ride.

Fill out your user profile so we know more about your ride, it will help us answer your questions.

You can always hit the search button (its your best friend on here) in the top middle of the home page.....tons of threads on here about exhaust

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks....I searched and didnt find anything good...anyone happen to know the dia of the pipe?

The ride is a 2003 TB 4.2l 4x4.

I think im actually going to leave the res for now, im more interested in the big one in the middle. Both will eventually be replaced, however. I want it mellow but more flow.

I have a v6 camaro w/ a full 3" exhuast and no muffs, its wicked loud. Not saying its bad..i just dont want that w/ this one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The pipe size is 2.75" The I6 of our TV's have a different sound than a V6.
So would need something 2.75" ID?

That muffler is wicked big! Mine is all rotten at the front and leaking, i wanted to replace it anyway. So now i have my reason :)

I'm thinkin bout replacing it with a glasspack, see how it sounds and then maybe do something w/ the one in the back. Cheap is key on this.

To anyone who has cut this one off, im sure it rumbles more, but how much volume was added..any drone?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
will changing any of the exhaust lose you fuel economy? Less back pressure?
It will make it go up, which is one of the reason im looking to do this rather quickly. Don't expect leaps and bounds, but a mpg or 2. Thats only if u can keep your foot out of it afterwards too(which can be the hardest part). Some people make a huge deal bout back pressure, dont even worry about it though unless ur putting 4 in pipe with no muffs or cats on ;)

50 series looks nice but awfully expensive. Anyone using this? What size?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts