Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed my truck is getting pelted by the elements (no wax yet either:duh: ) If you put mud flaps on, were they the molded kind from GM or another brand?

any pics of them on, trying to figure out what to do, I think that TSB is going to be a disaster.IMO

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,196 Posts
Do the molded and the plastic film.It won't look bad at all.That's what I'm going to do the day I get mine.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1BADSS said:
Do the molded and the plastic film.It won't look bad at all.That's what I'm going to do the day I get mine.
if you get it done, do it before you drive it off the lot, they were filling potholes and they did such a wonderful job that Plenty of tar and asphalt were pounding my truck...I'm just glad they did it in the rain, came off easier..

·
Registered
2006 chevy
204 Posts
Do the molded ones fit correctly on the SS without all the cladding and side steps?

Also are you having dealers install the protective film?

Eric

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
steined said:
Do the molded ones fit correctly on the SS without all the cladding and side steps?

Also are you having dealers install the protective film?

Eric
I'm gonna have to go to my Pontiac Delaer, They hook me up, just got off the phone with the Chevydealer, trying to sell me the kit, I asked them to check with their rep...HATE CARDEALERS!! if it was the Pontiac dealer it would of been done already..

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does ANYONE have a pic of the molded ones on a TB or SS hell I'll take an envoy pic about now!!

·
Registered
2006 chevy
204 Posts
Here are the only ones listed at GMPD

12497608 Splash Guards, Molded Black w/ Bowtie Logo, Front w/o Fender Flares (w/o lower accent two tone)

12497609 Splash Guards, Molded Black w/ Bowtie Logo, Rear (w/o RPO Code YC5, YC6 or B4U)

12497726 Splash Guards, Molded Black w/ Bowtie Logo, Front w/ Fender Flares (w/ lower accent two tone)

So I am questioning if the rears work at all...

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
steined said:
Here are the only ones listed at GMPD

12497608 Splash Guards, Molded Black w/ Bowtie Logo, Front w/o Fender Flares (w/o lower accent two tone)

12497609 Splash Guards, Molded Black w/ Bowtie Logo, Rear (w/o RPO Code YC5, YC6 or B4U)

12497726 Splash Guards, Molded Black w/ Bowtie Logo, Front w/ Fender Flares (w/ lower accent two tone)

So I am questioning if the rears work at all...

fronts are all you need, wheels are at the edge already, when you turn the slightest bit, all the debris comes up and chips away:hissy: , so just the fronts will be fine, just hope it's not too gaudy (is that a word?)..

·
Registered
2006 chevy
204 Posts
I think it would look pretty tacky with only one set. Especially since they have the white bowtie on them...

·
Registered
50 Posts
if you plan on taking the mudflaps off durning the summer or ever taking them off I would not put the molded mudflaps on even if you use the 3m clear protective tape behind it. The molded flaps will take the paint off in a few months:duh:

I have big "ugly" but functional mudflaps on my TBSS with 0 nick :thumbsup: and I can take them on and off.

I love the "ugly flaps"

Mark

·
Registered
521 Posts
My friendly Pontiac dealer found three sets of front mudflaps for my TB after entering my VIN in his computer:

Black w/Bowtie
Black w/Chevrolet
Black

I don't have part numbers.

So I ordered the plain black ones. The parts guy was cool and let me order a set of plain black rear ones just to see if they fit and he'd let me return them no questions asked if the fit was a no go.

I'm swapping out my rockers to the textured unpainted black ones so I think the front mud flaps will blend in well. I've actually been scoping out cars with mudflaps and lots of vehicles have front only mudflaps and they don't look bad IMO.

And I'm going to fill in the nicks and scuffs on the painted rockers and send them out to get the 3M paint protectors custom cut cause I've yet to find pieces that fit the rockers.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Silver_06 said:
My friendly Pontiac dealer found three sets of front mudflaps for my TB after entering my VIN in his computer:

Black w/Bowtie
Black w/Chevrolet
Black

I don't have part numbers.

So I ordered the plain black ones. The parts guy was cool and let me order a set of plain black rear ones just to see if they fit and he'd let me return them no questions asked if the fit was a no go.

I'm swapping out my rockers to the textured unpainted black ones so I think the front mud flaps will blend in well. I've actually been scoping out cars with mudflaps and lots of vehicles have front only mudflaps and they don't look bad IMO.

And I'm going to fill in the nicks and scuffs on the painted rockers and send them out to get the 3M paint protectors custom cut cause I've yet to find pieces that fit the rockers.
my Pontiac dealer says a "no go" for the moldeds!!! I went to Pep Boys & Strauss auto, didn't like their molded ones...IDON'T KNOW WHAT I'M GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS!!!Chevy is KILLIN ME!!!Waxed it today, Cleaner then a Glaze (Meguiars) it is bad down there on both sides, those of you who don't think it's a problem aren't looking at the right ANGLE! get close and in some spots it looks like paint spatter, but it's paint missing, clearcoat mostly..

Maybe a set of black flats?

·
Registered
521 Posts
TonyGXP said:
my Pontiac dealer says a "no go" for the moldeds!!!
Did they say they didn't fit? I'm a bit surprised since three sets popped up on the computer when I was looking at the dealership. I'll let you know how/if they fit when they come in.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Silver_06 said:
Did they say they didn't fit? I'm a bit surprised since three sets popped up on the computer when I was looking at the dealership. I'll let you know how/if they fit when they come in.
pics please!!! and thanks, I just don't know if the "flares" means our trucks or an LTZ style?? any idea, cause I see GM makes a pair for "TB's with flares" but it's got the bowtie on it YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!:duh:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I chopped up this photo of a TB with the fronts, it's an LS (so I guess the ones for us will be w/o flares??) just to get an idea..bowtie is just
WRONG!! I don't like mudflaps & I hate added emblems/badging whatever..

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GM PART # 12497608
CATEGORY: Splash Guards
PACK QTY: 1CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $39.99
OUR PRICE: $33.59DESCRIPTION: GUARD PKGMolded (with Bowtie logo), Front without fender flares. GM Accessories splash guards look great while helping protect your vehicle from mud, dirt, snow, salt, and gravel. Made of fortified, long-lasting, high-grade polypropylene with rubber reinforcements, the guards will not chip, crack, or tear and will withstand extreme temperatures. Packaged in pairs. The molded splash guards cannot be used with fender flares, and only the rear guards can be used with running boards

these are definately the ones that fit our SS's...now can we live with the Bowtie??

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dacomputernerd said:
Just get some black touch-up paint and make that bowtie almost disappear
how can I put this mildly????
NO!!!!!!!! thanks anyway:D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Careful on ordering those!!

Have your parts person VERIFY that the rears fit. The parts computer showed that a part fit our trucks...then when I picked them up and tried them out...guess what...you got it...they are for the standard TB bumper...not ours. My parts guy called into GM parts line and gee...it has a recorded message there to warn you they won't fit an SS and that the SS part is in R&D...why not put that in the description you idiots?!

Thought I'd chime in...the fronts are standard TB deflectors...so no trouble there. If you do find a part that fits the rear...let me know please!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts