Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a question to the people who have flaps on their ss. Every time it rains the tires kick up a ton of dirt behind the wheels. Also when I wash the ss and put tire shine on it splatters behind the wheels on the truck. I have had no chippping problems yet but wanted to see if I get flaps will this help with my problem.

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
I had the exact same problem......so damn annoying isn't it? Yes, mudflaps will solve the problem with the exception of the splatter you still get in the wheel well itself of course. But with a quick wipe with a micro fiber cloth it's gone from inside the wheel well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,741 Posts
if you get splatter from tire shine you should try using less shine and wipe it down. I use meguire's endurance apply it about an hour before i wash it. rub it in good then wash the truck then when you dry it just wipe it down the tires and they will be shinney with no splatter on your truck
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,583 Posts
ltz03 said:
if you get splatter from tire shine you should try using less shine and wipe it down. I use meguire's endurance apply it about an hour before i wash it. rub it in good then wash the truck then when you dry it just wipe it down the tires and they will be shinney with no splatter on your truck
i do that but with a tire gel from a company that is local. The gel is super resistant to water. Last time i washed it before winter i put it on. then for 3 months i couldn't wash my TB:x:eek: and when i finally did, the gel was still on. It didn't have the shine but when i washed the tire u could tell it was still there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
blktbon20s said:
i do that but with a tire gel from a company that is local. The gel is super resistant to water. Last time i washed it before winter i put it on. then for 3 months i couldn't wash my TB:x:eek: and when i finally did, the gel was still on. It didn't have the shine but when i washed the tire u could tell it was still there

Yes, mudflaps do solve the problem. But I am wondering if you guys think the mudflaps take away from the look of the vehicle? That is why I don't have them. Doesn't seems as fast (like a sleek super powered sports car) with mudflaps. But of course everyone has their opinions.
 

·
Northwest Chapter
Joined
·
11,824 Posts
vetruck said:
:iagree: I just can't bring myself to put splash guards on this thing, not to mention those running boards.
Personally, I like a SS with the running boards, makes it seem even lower than it is. And, have you actually looked at the guys trucks on here with running boards??? Might make you change your mind, especially if you get the Buick boards that are all black instead of gray.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
ScarabEpic22 said:
Personally, I like a SS with the running boards, makes it seem even lower than it is. And, have you actually looked at the guys trucks on here with running boards??? Might make you change your mind, especially if you get the Buick boards that are all black instead of gray.
Seen the running boards. Still can't do it! I would rather pay the money to get it lowered. But I do admit that the running boards do look better than mudflaps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,708 Posts
ScarabEpic22 said:
Personally, I like a SS with the running boards, makes it seem even lower than it is. And, have you actually looked at the guys trucks on here with running boards??? Might make you change your mind, especially if you get the Buick boards that are all black instead of gray.
Yes I have seen pics of several with the boards but I'm not sure which ones they were. I guess I may be biased though since I don't really like them on many other trucks either. I think I prefer step bars or sport tubes and I'm considering the later for my truck. The folks that have boards obviously like them so thats great that it has worked out for them but I'm not a big fan.
 

·
Northwest Chapter
Joined
·
11,824 Posts
vetruck said:
Yes I have seen pics of several with the boards but I'm not sure which ones they were. I guess I may be biased though since I don't really like them on many other trucks either. I think I prefer step bars or sport tubes and I'm considering the later for my truck. The folks that have boards obviously like them so thats great that it has worked out for them but I'm not a big fan.
Yea, I understand completely. Personally I cant stand seeing the chassis on all TVs that dont have boards of some sort, irritates the heck out of me!!!:crazy:
 

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
Joined
·
2,903 Posts
ScarabEpic22 said:
Yea, I understand completely. Personally I cant stand seeing the chassis on all TVs that dont have boards of some sort, irritates the heck out of me!!!:crazy:
Funny you should say that. Nothing irritates me more than that one guy's TB on Checy Truck World that has a body lift and I can see the undercarriage and chassis. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,026 Posts
here's two pics one with bug/stone shield and flaps and one without..not a big "eye sore" when you see it in person, but it does lose a minimal amount of street rod look...



 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top