Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as it says Im moving to Eastern Germany. Vilseck to more specific. Ill be getting there on the 24th of this month. IDk the the envoy will get there because I need to leave it with my wife until the Army fly's her and the kids out. Is there anything important I should know about the Envoy being in Germany?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
75 Posts
Other than getting some looks and feeling like you are driving a tank, you should be fine. My grandfather imported an Avalanche into England, and driving that thing in town always got quite a bit of looks as it was HUGE compared to their cars. It was also a little bit tougher to drive because of the size of the truck compared to the size of the road. We managed to bring it over to France through a ferry. The roads don't get to much bigger till you get to the major free ways. The general roads tend to get bigger the further east you go once you past the German-French Boarder.

The fuel should be safe; The EU is pretty good about standards. If I were you, I would find a shop that could supply you with parts if it were to break down and just fix it on base.

Other than that, Thank you for serving our country; and enjoy Germany during your free time. It is a pretty beautiful country!

Oh and on a side note, there were a number of trailblazers imported to Russia, so parts for you Voy may be cheaper importing from Russia, other than the US.

-Wahugg

P.S. Are you in 2SCR by chance?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
110 Posts
I hear the Germans are quite fond of baseball, especially NY teams. You'll be fine as long as you change your name to "NYyankee_lover".

Hoorah soldier! :woohoo:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
25 Posts
Hi Nyyankee_hater,

first the Germans like Football, the don't really care about baseball ;). If you are in the military, don't expect any problems; if not then enjoy the German gas price. Since your Envoy is a 2003 then it may be that 1 or 2 thins have to be changed, but if then only minor things like tail lights. The Germans have a veichile inspection agency that is called TÜV, they check your car if it is fit for the road. Due to this, many modifications are not allowed (but still better than Switzerland:().
For the rest the Germans have mainly really good roads and the famous Autobahn - a highway with many places which have no speed limits:). If you want to go offroading there are a few tracks but not very many - France is better.

Bone

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
138 Posts
The Germans have a veichile inspection agency that is called TÜV, they check your car if it is fit for the road. Due to this, many modifications are not allowed (but still better than Switzerland:().
For the rest the Germans have mainly really good roads and the famous Autobahn - a highway with many places which have no speed limits:). If you want to go offroading there are a few tracks but not very many - France is better.

Yeah I don't know what's so famous on the Autobahn, but I am German, so I didn't really care about it so much.

Yeah in Germany there are certain limitaions on your car, like the wheels are not allot to be wider than your car and such things.
But you shouldn't have to many problems as a US Soldier.

If you have time visit cologne.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
101 Posts
Good to see another service member heading to germany with his Envoy.
I head over in Spring of 2012--looking forward to it!
Maybe we can gather up all the Trail and Voy owners for a gathering!
Be cool to get a long line of vehicles going down the autobahn. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts