Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! We have a 2007 GMC Envoy SLE that has a pretty decent stock audio system if I do say so myself. One thing it's missing, however, is an AUX input! I've looked around and I've come to the conclusion the only way to get AUX without buying an entirely new headunit is to get this AUX box you slap on the back of the radio. But the price is absolutely ridiculous! $50/$60 for a box just to get AUX?

There has to be some kind of way to get an AUX input that works just as good as the "AUX Box" as I refer to it, even if it involves hacking one up together. The headunit has a "CD/AUX" button on it, no cassette player, CD player, and works just fine. Don't really have a lot of money to spend on getting a simple little audio jack just to play some tunes off of an MP3 player...

If anyone could point me in the right direction, that'd be awesome. Thanks!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Hello! We have a 2007 GMC Envoy SLE that has a pretty decent stock audio system if I do say so myself. One thing it's missing, however, is an AUX input! I've looked around and I've come to the conclusion the only way to get AUX without buying an entirely new headunit is to get this AUX box you slap on the back of the radio. But the price is absolutely ridiculous! $50/$60 for a box just to get AUX?

There has to be some kind of way to get an AUX input that works just as good as the "AUX Box" as I refer to it, even if it involves hacking one up together. The headunit has a "CD/AUX" button on it, no cassette player, CD player, and works just fine. Don't really have a lot of money to spend on getting a simple little audio jack just to play some tunes off of an MP3 player...

If anyone could point me in the right direction, that'd be awesome. Thanks!
http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=isgm575&d=pac-isgm575-isimple-gateway-for-select-general-motors-gm-vehicles-(isgm575)
This is the kit I am looking at for my 04 trailblazer. I called the mfg and asked about my radio, they said as long as it has a band button it will work. Once the harness is plugged into the radio it activates the aux.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts