Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just had to go and get more LEDs. Once again I got them from Jetttstream. They are great. Only problem I have now is that I used to have 6000K HIDs and found they were too blue. I had to replace one fog so I replaced all my HIDs to 4300K from VVME( by the time you pay shipping it is the almost the same as from jetttstream). With more LEDs including my front "eyebrows" my tag lights and now my reverse lights all white, my 4300K look yellow. I am probably now going to replace my HIDs again but only my lows with 5000K from jetttstream.

Enough talking, now for the pics.

First up is a comparison of one LED ( afterburner) and my stock bulb, along with my running lights on and signals

Now for nighttime. Reverse, running and signals ( you can also see my great tags I got from Jetttstream too.

And finally a side shot so you can see that my headlights need to be a bit less yellow ( I think).

My reverse and tags are white not blue.

Here is a pic of the new LEDs in my eyebrows and you can tell the difference I am talking about compared to my fogs. The LEDs are white and my fogs do look yellow.

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks good! next you should get LED's for the brake and turn bulbs in the rear :thumbsup:

I am already thinking of it. I just don't wanna have to add the load resistors. I did however find a new flasher online that is supposed to cure the hyper flash with no need for load resistors. Then I am gonna want to change my front cornering lights ( come on solid when you turn on your signal light) and replace my signals in my mirrors, etc..., lol. Never ending.

·
JeTTTstream Automotive Technologies
2007 chevy
645 Posts
I am already thinking of it. I just don't wanna have to add the load resistors. I did however find a new flasher online that is supposed to cure the hyper flash with no need for load resistors. Then I am gonna want to change my front cornering lights ( come on solid when you turn on your signal light) and replace my signals in my mirrors, etc..., lol. Never ending.
If you are talking about a Grote 44140 - I am a Grote Dealer--specifically b/c of the LEDs I sell.

BUT....there is a reason why I haven't been offering them.

1. They can't handle led turn signals in both front and rear (like 2 load resistors can)
2. They leak voltage on B+ circuit causing you to have the computer think "brakes are on" and it won't allow you to engage cruise.

If you want to take my best I have them for sale.

It is the same one as sold at Napa and other LM style LED flashers.

Trust me--I did my homework when It comes to GMT360s and LEDs.

summary: :)rolleyes:) sorry, but you will need load resistors.

And **that** is why I have the extension harness--so you can tap into the harness and NEVER touch the factory wiring.

-Mike

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
How does it work?

How does the harness extension work with those stupid circuit boards we have? Only way i could think of is having the extension inside the housing but you would be able to see it.

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you are talking about a Grote 44140 - I am a Grote Dealer--specifically b/c of the LEDs I sell.

BUT....there is a reason why I haven't been offering them.

1. They can't handle led turn signals in both front and rear (like 2 load resistors can)
2. They leak voltage on B+ circuit causing you to have the computer think "brakes are on" and it won't allow you to engage cruise.

If you want to take my best I have them for sale.

It is the same one as sold at Napa and other LM style LED flashers.

Trust me--I did my homework when It comes to GMT360s and LEDs.

summary: :)rolleyes:) sorry, but you will need load resistors.

And **that** is why I have the extension harness--so you can tap into the harness and NEVER touch the factory wiring.

-Mike
I don't mind cutting into my factory wiring, I just don't like having load resistors installed.

As for the lows going to 5000K I may end up getting lows and fogs at 5000K. Even though there might not be much difference between the 4300K and 5000K in the fogs I bet I would see a difference and not like it.

Let me know about the 5000K when you can ship as per our emails.

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,831 Posts
looking great mike; and the pics don't do the blasters jutice in the reverse they are crazy birght; you know I was thinking on the way home from work today that whle the jetttstars did not look right in our break light housing; i wonder if the blasters could work as breaklights; they are not very big but they are crazy bright:undecided maybe the low power of the driving lights at night make it so those can't work?

·
JeTTTstream Automotive Technologies
2007 chevy
645 Posts
looking great mike; and the pics don't do the blasters jutice in the reverse they are crazy birght; you know I was thinking on the way home from work today that whle the jetttstars did not look right in our break light housing; i wonder if the blasters could work as breaklights; they are not very big but they are crazy bright:undecided maybe the low power of the driving lights at night make it so those can't work?
I won't offer them as brake lights but they can be used----

They don't offer enough radial fire to be good braking or turning type lights.

That's why I stuck with the jettt5tars or corn cobs bc they fire in all directions lighting the housing for the best 'rear' visability---seen by others...whereas the after burners really fire outward giving the best visability on the ground (for the driver)

-Mike

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,831 Posts
I won't offer them as brake lights but they can be used----

They don't offer enough radial fire to be good braking or turning type lights.

That's why I stuck with the jettt5tars or corn cobs bc they fire in all directions lighting the housing for the best 'rear' visability---seen by others...whereas the after burners really fire outward giving the best visability on the ground (for the driver)

-Mike
ah I see; thanks for clearing that up Mike:hail:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.