Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Envoy 4x4 inline 6

What is the best way for me to add horsepower to my vehicle? So you know what I'm looking for, I pull a camper with it and I know it's only a 6 cylinder but it's almost paid off, I put in a new transmission when the junk 4L60E went out and it's been a decent vehicle. What I want is it to be able to go up that hill a little easier when I'm doing 55mph without having to force the tranny to down shift so far. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
22 Posts
They have decent power and torque for a 6 cyl, it will typically need to rev a bit more and will need that downshift. There are PCM tunes you can look into that might help mid range.

Is it a 4x4? You could also look into what diff gear(s) you are running and maybe investigate options

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a 4x4 and what/where would you recommend when it comes to the PCM? Never have looked into anything that has to do with gaining horse power but I plan on keeping this vehicle and it doesn't do too bad pulling our camper I just want a little more.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't currently have an altered tune and have not looked into one yet so I will leave that for others to recommend.

PCMofNC.com is a local vendor and a common name I run across and a good place to start

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
68 Posts
I would definitely look into what rear or rear/front gears you have now, in case you'd be willing to change those, if needed. I grabbed a 4.10 rear end for my 4.2L, but the housings changed between 2002 and 2008 so I'm hoping to use the gears from the old housing (4.10's) for my newer housing (3.42's). I also cut up an airbox and have a K&N filter and a magnaflow muffler, but I can't say if I noticed a power bump, yet. It seems to have two very restrictive catalytic converters, probably 600 cells per inch on the first one.

Rob in AZ <---I'd love to change my intake cam centerline, if I know what it was stock....

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
23 Posts
Intake and exhaust. Definitely the most bang for the buck. All other mods should take place AFTER these two simple things are done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts