Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like there were a lot of questions that NW members had and they are spred out all over. I figured this would be a good place to post them and collectively answer them.

My question is about Powder Coating wheels. Ive heard schwabs will do it for a decent price. Anyone done this or know of a good place to get them done?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
I'm also thinking of doing mine. I called some places over here in spokane and the are the same price. $50 a wheel. That includes acid soak to get all the oils and junk off your rims, sand blasting, and of coarse the powder coating.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$50 a wheel doesnt sound to bad sonsidering some of the prices ive found for new or good used wheels. Any idea on how long they take to do it. Or how long i would be without ol berta

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Thats one thing i didn't ask. I'm actually going to both places tomorrow to check out their color swatches. I'll ask how long it will take.

Just a quick question for you. What color would you recommend for my rims. I not a huge fan of all black wheels. Do you think a gunmetal would look ok on a black TB?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To be honest i do think a gunmetal would look real good. Im not a huge fam of chrome on dark colors. And definately not a bright red or blue etc. ( were not tunners) But yeah a gunmetal would look real good. I am going for the black. Could you do me a favor when you ask them. Find out about 2 colors, i guess what i mean is can they leave a chrome lip or a secondary color lip.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone ever look into the purple cranium differential rock guards from purplecranium.com If anyone has one please tell me what you think of it.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Haha funny thing is i was going to ask that also. :thumbsup:

I guess one bad thing about getting gunmetal powder coating is that i would need to find paint that color also to paint the center caps.

If you want me to ask them anything else let me know. I'll keep checking this thread if you have any more questions.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats about it, i bet you can find paint to match, or if not just slightly off color to add contrast. Might just have to try and see what you come up with

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Anyone ever look into the purple cranium differential rock guards from purplecranium.com If anyone has one please tell me what you think of it.
Mine's saved my differential at least twice. Over a 20-to-1 payback ratio between the PC price and what it would have cost me for repairs. One of the best investments ever for rocky trails.

Teebes and I both have 'em, and they've been proven Rubicon-worthy. All hail AlekG, who made it possible for PC to design them for us.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Ok for the powder coating it's $55 a wheel, you can only do one color, and they said they are a week out and it will take about 2 days to do it. They said you can easily paint over it if you want a two tone on the rim.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds good thanks for asking those questions for me. Now i just gotta figure out a time to get it done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts