Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bit the mod bullet and de-molded and roof racked today.:thumbsup: I also chopped that crappy lookin' can they call a resonator off. Im waiting for my shop guy to free up some time to weld in the tip. All in all looks pretty good. Was thinking of getting SS wheels shortly, any ideas? Pics en route.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
744 Posts
everything looks good! :thumbsup:

what did you do specifically to trim the studs on the roof from the roof rack? they look pretty flush, and im frustrated that i havent found a reasonable solution.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
everything looks good! :thumbsup:

what did you do specifically to trim the studs on the roof from the roof rack? they look pretty flush, and im frustrated that i havent found a reasonable solution.
The studs are still there. I put in a 6x1x20 set screw, siliconed the hole shut and then took touch-up paint and covered the studs. You cant really see them unless you are up next to the truck.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I got the chrome tip on and it looks amazing!! :eek: Pics shortly. Was going to do a flowmaster but still waiting for the Kooks header and full exhaust. Should I wait or just get the Flowmaster. My friend will weld it for a case of beer.(Just make sure he drinks it AFTER the install):duh:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice TV!!! can you take a closer pic of the studs so I can have an idea how they look and purchase them.
I just went to a parts store and got the 6x1x20 set screw and put ATV silicone around the tops to seal them in. I then took touch up paint and covered the bolt holes. Have not had time to clay bar the roof rack spots off yet. (maybe today!:suicide:) I also got the chrome tip on!!

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks Good :thumbsup:

I am also looking at a white TB but the side moldings on it are white so thought bout just leaving them...was it a pain to get them off? is it just double sided tape?
All i did was take some fishing line and used it like a saw to get the front edge up. Once you get enough space to get you hand underneath you can just pry the whole thing off. Its just 3m tape around the edges.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.