Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so in addition to the warning lights I was installing in my TB, I installed a Motorola CDM 1550 LS+ with Remote Head kit. Pics were taking in the middle of the night to post, so a little low light, I will get some better pictures during the daytime!

Remote Head was mounted under the dash bezel, with a little "modification" to the center console (aka Sawzall lol), so that it would fit!

The Mobile unit itself was located in the back area, in an empty compartment, almost a perfect fit! Got aggravated towards the end, and didn't make the holes for wires as pretty as I had wanted lol! Also has an ignition sense wire to power up when the key is on, since I have a habit of leaving my radio(s) on (was just using portables before this install) and ended up killing them all the time lol! This way, I cannot do that and kill my truck's battery!!

Lastly, used a Laird Tech ETRAB Series Phantom Antenna!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
6 Posts
Remote Head Radio

Yeah I have an '04 TB and am trying to figure out where to put my radios. Dont want to drill too many holes in the dash. I have a Kenwood TK-7180, and a Yaesu FT-5200 Ham radio(cuz I is a HAM). I see ur a disptcher too! I started my career in '95. Was a paid on call FF as well from 93-'00. Had to retire. Kids. Oh well. Glad I dont do it anymore....to demanding on the old bones. PEACE!:thumbsup:

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
387 Posts
Not a fan of the cut console. Would it have fit above the radio on a ProClip? Other then that it looks good.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
254 Posts
Nice and clean! :thumbsup: I'm adding yet more stuff to my TB, I'll have to get some pictures up this week.

Just acquired a Motorola Spectra 100 watt, having some fun playing with that :crazy:

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
92 Posts
I did a CDM 1550 remote as well. Both ends in different locations tho. Sorry for the Low light pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
92 Posts
None at all. If you want a few more pictures from different angles i'll get you a few. Nothing touches or rubs and there is plenty of clearance all around.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
138 Posts
None at all. If you want a few more pictures from different angles i'll get you a few. Nothing touches or rubs and there is plenty of clearance all around.
Can you send more pictures? I have installed mine above my radio but I had it screwed to the dash. The wires run behind the dash and the body of the radio is in the back seat tucked in under the drivers side. I will get some photos tonight when I get home and get them up here for yall to see.

I like where the radio is here and I may infact change the location.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
5 Posts
Ran the wires today. Just waiting for the remote kit for my CDM to get here to finish it up. I'm mounting the radio in the passenger side rear hide away compartment. Just enough antenna & remote wire length to do the job.:)
4 hours of fun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts