Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got going this morning after the usual last minute repairs and packing.

I was not pleased with the handling in the mountains because of the missing JKS disconnectable endlink in the front, so I just got some Moogs to see me through this trip. Going with Mike from Vegas, and he doesn't have disconnectable end links, so I can't be going any places he can't follow.

Oh, and new bushings bought from a fellow Trailvoy member.

On the way.

Vegas

Now HOW did these get in here? :duh: :thumbsup:

95 degrees does make some folks want to wear less.

View from the hotel on the outskirts.

Roadiemobile safe below.

Mrs. Roadie thoughtfully ran a couple of polo shirts off on her embroidery machine last night. I'll be amazed if I can convince Mike to wear his for a pic sometime along the way....

I'm now sharing my SPOT with a former co-worker who needed it for rock climbing this week, so I don't have that. But Mike, bless his cautious heart - picked one of his own up today. We'll configure it tonight and post up the tracking URL for you to follow along.

Plan to have dinner with Steve tonight for a reunion of the Roadie Colorado Rescue Crew. Then on to Moab for 5-6 days of wheeling.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
326 Posts
Awesome roadie!! Nice to see your back up and going and wheeling again!! Have a great time and be safe (think you will be seeing anymore of the lil gal in the yellow dress along the way?) :bonk::yes::D

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
Wait... why is the tire on the roof? Where'd the swing away go? I've been reading more and more texts lately that all say to stay away from heavy stuff (like tires and fuel) on the roof. Being a fellow engineer, I know there's logic behind it.

Eagerly awaiting more pictures. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took the hitchgate off to save its own weight, plus having it so far behind the rear axle that it amplified the weight of it and everything it was carrying. I think with the weight of the four upsized tires and wheels, plus the bumper and winch down low, I have enough safety margin for the roof load.

Trying to not overstress the new EXT axle its first time out, and investigate road and trail stability.

I also have a potential buyer for it locally.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
343 Posts
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas Roadie!!! :thumbsup:

I will be down that way this weekend. I'm leaving for St. George tomorrow after work. I may try to talk the fiance into going for a ride around Zion NP or something. Although, she likes to go to Vegas for the shopping! If that's the quality of scenery in Vegas this weekend, I think I will let her choose what we do! :rotfl:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the roadie
Roadiemobile safe below.

Def the best looking ride in the lot!
hahah and the stock trailblazer behind it lol be safe bill

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.