227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

MKS HID Conversion Kit 880/893 8000K Ebay $88

880/893 8000K & 9006 8000K Ebay $88 each

Very nice set for $88

Install pic

What a big difference:eek:

Completed!!!:D

Now I need to get the DRL killer for the headlights!

·
Registered
2008 chevy
16,008 Posts
congrats on the HIDs looks good, do they seem like a good product? i was always lery about buying the inexpensive ones...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
congrats on the HIDs looks good, do they seem like a good product? i was always lery about buying the inexpensive ones...
Im very happy with them!! Ya I dont like to buy the cheaper products but they all seem like the same set up so I went for! I hope I have the same luck with the headlamps. :yes:

·
Registered
2008 chevy
16,008 Posts
Im very happy with them!! Ya I dont like to buy the cheaper products but they all seem like the same set up so I went for! I hope I have the same luck with the headlamps. :yes:
cool, good luck with that also..

could you get a pic at night with just the fogs on so i can see how they look? i know it will be different with the headlamps b/c there is more reflective

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool, good luck with that also..

could you get a pic at night with just the fogs on so i can see how they look? i know it will be different with the headlamps b/c there is more reflective
Here are some night shots!

This pic is with just the fogs on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can you use these for the headlights also?, give me some details on which ones to buy i dunt know anything about bulb sizes and all that, and also which color, i dont want anything too extreme like that seriouse blue alot of ppl have, yours is perfect, but which other colors u thnk would look good?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3,716 Posts
Low Beams - 9006
High Beams - 9005
Fog lights - 880(for regular tb)
893(for TBSS)

Also please note that the 880/893 kits will fit in either the TBSS or regular TB, as they use the same socket.

5000K - Brightest, Whitest light
6000K - 2nd Brightest, White light with a slight blue tint.
-----(anything beyond this point and you loose a fair amount of light output)
8000K - Blue
10000K - Blueish purple
12000K - Purple

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can you use these for the headlights also?, give me some details on which ones to buy i dunt know anything about bulb sizes and all that, and also which color, i dont want anything too extreme like that seriouse blue alot of ppl have, yours is perfect, but which other colors u thnk would look good?
You need to get the 9006 HIDS kit for the headlights (low beam)
My fogs and headlight is 8000K very little blue as you see in the pics.
Its up to you what you want. If your just looking to get color 8000K to 12000K or if you want actual light output 4000K to 6000K
8000K is good if you like a little color plus good light output!

·
Registered
14 Posts
MKS is the way to go

I just installed MKS HIDs on my SS in the low beams and fogs... 6000k is what i used. i paid 260.00 shipped for both kits together. Very Happy
:woot:

1 - 20 of 170 Posts