Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
figured I would post a few update pics that I took a few minutes ago..

Re-installed glass handle and painted gloss black to match D pillars

smoothed and painted steering column covers (did it while I was replacing my ignition switch.)

painted some fluid caps after I painted the containers black and painted the wire harness cover

not much but it works :yes:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Looks good. The whole painted interior thing has never been my cup of tea... but You did some good work with yours, not too over done.

How about a full engine compartment pic :D

Have you considered doing the Vortec 4200 and the little swoosh thing on the intake?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
290 Posts
Now that looks good... turned out nice they had a TB at the scrap yard here I have alot of the interior thats good to paint but missing lots to so just gonna have to wait it out but that looks good :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks good. The whole painted interior thing has never been my cup of tea... but You did some good work with yours, not too over done.

How about a full engine compartment pic :D

Have you considered doing the Vortec 4200 and the little swoosh thing on the intake?

true.. I dont wanna go too overboard with it because I plan on showing it next year and every little detail helps.

as for the Air resonator.. I might do that.. but I also may end up making my own custom cover this winter :undecided

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What's your secret to getting the interior panels so smooth? Do you just do a ton of sanding, or do you fill with something? I've been thinking about doing mine, but I'm put off by all that texture.

Used a disc sander attachment on the end of my cordless drill. 180 grit with light pressure and hand sanded the hard to reach spots.. then I smoothed it over with 320 and 400 grit.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the only other big interior modifications that I wanna do is Katzkin or Roadwire seat covers, get the headliner covered in suede and a custom center console...

thanks for the kind words...

I figured you spend all your time in the interior.. might as well make it your own ya know :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts