Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tb dose not have them and i was looking to see before i buy is there any way i can hook them up?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
115 Posts
I am 99% sure all TrailBlazers come prewired for heated mirrors and turn signals; it should be a direct plug-in replacement.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
Article

There is an article in the article section on how to do it from what i understand you have to tap in to some wires in the door panel. Could be wrong though.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,483 Posts
Here's the Link for the article: http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles.php?do=viewarticle&artid=33

There are a whole bunch of people here who added them, myself included.

Oh, and the search button is your friend. :thumbsup:

I am 99% sure all TrailBlazers come prewired for heated mirrors and turn signals; it should be a direct plug-in replacement.
It is somewhat pre-wired, but it isn't plug & play. The wire for the turn signal is in the harness that plugs in to the DDM (window switch panel), however there are no wires going to the mirror. It involves a simple (+) & (-) wire splice, and running the wires up to the mirror. Not too hard.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
After 10 posts, you'll be able to use the search feature!! :D I did the mod about 2 years ago, took me a total of about 2 hours :yes:

·
Registered
175 Posts
It is somewhat pre-wired, but it isn't plug & play. The wire for the turn signal is in the harness that plugs in to the DDM (window switch panel), however there are no wires going to the mirror. It involves a simple (+) & (-) wire splice, and running the wires up to the mirror. Not too hard.
My TB did not come with signals and all I did was plugged one in and everything worked with out any splicing.

Maybe I got lucky....

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
My TB did not come with signals and all I did was plugged one in and everything worked with out any splicing.

Maybe I got lucky....
A whole new mirror/signal combo? If you get a new mirror that has the signal in it, it has the wiring in the mirror harness.

There shouldn't be a connector in a stock mirror that does not have the signal.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
I know, I just like annoying you :raspberry
Stop saying that! It's not been true for over a year. Newbs ESPECIALLY need to be able to use the search.

·
Registered
538 Posts
newbie here. wondering where i can but the lense and bulb online. went to dealer and they want $65 per side.

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
on parts4chevys, they are running a kit for the mirror lights....$74 for the pair, includes bulbs, sockets & lenses (smoke not amber) there is no wiring included only the socket.

·
Registered
538 Posts
thanx for the feedback. amber are cheaper thinkin bout some smoke paint. any feed back on that ?

·
Registered
538 Posts
it cam with the socket the bulb is connected to but not the socket that connects to the bulb and then the wires tha come offa that

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
it cam with the socket the bulb is connected to but not the socket that connects to the bulb and then the wires tha come offa that
As posted before in this thread.....when you buy the signal lenses, you get the lens, the bulb and socket. You will have to terminate wires at the socket, route them through the mirror to the window switch plg inside the door and terminate them at the switch socket / plug. There is no GM part number for a pre-made wiring harness for this mod.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts