Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, my driver side mirror got busted so I replaced it with an after market Kool Vue mirror which I am very happy with considering is saved me almost $400.00 for supply and install at the dealer.

The mirror is fully operational although for some reason it cannot remember the memory seat recall position. The seat, radio, pedals, temperature control all remember the memory position but the mirror just seems to lose it every time.

Now for the "huh" part. It remembers my wife's position (5'2") but when I get in and recall my position it just goes to some odd position which is not mine or my wife's.

I am wondering if there is a system reset feature on the controller in the door? It doesn't matter how many times I reset it and lock it all into the memory recall it always goes back to an odd position (not the same one either).

When I had the factory mirror installed this problem was also there but not as bad as it is now. Maybe I need to replace the control module in the door? Anyone have a part number or OEM part number I can hunt down?

Would love your thoughts on this one.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Did the Kool Vue you bought include the memory mirror option? Many of them don't, IIRC. It involves position feedback sensors that might not be there. I can look up the harness pinout if you can't find out from your purchase receipt.

Factory mirror memory functions often go bad after a while when the sensors get dirty or intermittent. But the Kool Vue is different. I bought one with power folding option that omitted the memory sensors, but I really wanted the folding feature, so I get to live without the memory.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
Mirrors

speaking of mirrors... my driver and passenger side mirrors both seem to go crazy when I unlock the vehicle with the remote. It does the same thing when I attempt to adjust the mirrors, almost as if they are resetting. Has anyone experienced this problem? :confused:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Memory Mirror Update

Thanks for all your replies. I have looked into a bunch of stuff as you had suggested. My replacement mirror is a Kool-Vue mirror as it seemed to be the most popular and available.

I checked their website recently to see if there was a model that described memory and there are none that do, not even the power folding ones.

I figure this is the model I ordered.

http://www.kool-vue.com/partsdetails.aspx?pnumber=CV36EL

I checked the wires and mounting harness and it seems to be identical so I am not too sure why it is not working. When I researched the replacement mirror I never saw a unit which identified memory mirrors so I am not even sure the exist unless I order it direct from GM (which I refuse to pay that cost).

Any final thoughts on this? I figure this is a lesson learned but let's face it, I got a replacement mirror for a 1/3 the cost of GM and installed it myself. I haven't really lost out but just now have to adjust the mirror.

Thanks

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
56 Posts
Hey roadie,

do you happen to know the part numbers for the driver's side glass only. My Envoy has the heated option...

Any good suppliers online? Local ****ty dealer would not give me the part number.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts