Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All:
A friend of mine is finally selling his 2002 Envoy. He's original owner. It has 148 K miles on it. It's been well maintained and he recently replaced the fan clutch assembly. The AWD, 4 WD/Hi, Low, and 2 WD all work fine. The only thing I've found so far is the rear drivers side window doesn't go up and down. (see my other post on this). Overall in good shape. Just wondering if there are any inheirent problems (engine, drivetrain, etc) I should be aware of. Thanks for any input. c good
P.S. He offered it to me as a friend for $3300.00, seems like a good deal. What do you all think?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Lots of potential issues with suspension parts, but if it wasn't abused, another 50K is likely before spending some $$ on parts.

Make sure to change the fluids in the transfer case and both diffs, follow the Owner's Manual recommendations for coolant and spark plugs, unless he can give you a good maintenance history.

Sounds like a great price. He got it to 148K miles without ever discovering or needing trailvoy? How odd. ;)

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Hi All:
A friend of mine is finally selling his 2002 Envoy. He's original owner. It has 148 K miles on it. It's been well maintained and he recently replaced the fan clutch assembly. The AWD, 4 WD/Hi, Low, and 2 WD all work fine. The only thing I've found so far is the rear drivers side window doesn't go up and down. (see my other post on this). Overall in good shape. Just wondering if there are any inheirent problems (engine, drivetrain, etc) I should be aware of. Thanks for any input. c good
P.S. He offered it to me as a friend for $3300.00, seems like a good deal. What do you all think?
Just to let you know, it is 4WD not AWD. And, yes, if it wasn't abused it sounds like a good price.:m2:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,282 Posts
Ive seen 2002 Envoy's with more miles go for more!

I bought my 2002 Envoy in 2004 w/64,500 miles. I have the service history from the GMC Dealer (highly recommended). It will tell you any open recalls, any common problems that have been addressed, and its maintenance history from the previous owner(s). Its free and my local dealer faxed it to me at work (Note: I did NOT buy my Envoy from a GM dealer).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.