Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, been a while since I have posted...

but I've decided to get a set of mickey thompson tires for my truck.. but honestly I don't know the first thing about what will and will not fit and what ones to get.

I'm currently looking at the MTZ's and Claws any one have any experience or heard anything about any of these? which would you recommend?..

But aside from that I have no clue what will fit my truck?, since I know some of there tires are made for lifted vehicles only. They come in STL sizes and Traditional sizes? anyone know that the difference is?

From what I see they come in 325-395, 50-80, 15-20 depending on the tires? some are also shown in cm (example 40X13.50R18LT)? is there a reason for that?

anyways yeah.. I know pretty much nothing about it so if someone could help explain a bit to me.. Also I'm looking for a bigger tire as I think the stock 16" look kinda pathetic on a big truck so I was thinking maybe 18 or 20" but then I know buddie of mine that has a set of 16"s are higher then the tires I've got so maybe 20 will be to big..

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3,118 Posts
I dont mean to be a smart @ss, but..
Good Luck getting those tires to fit...
You need to do a little reading in the offroad threads..

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
From what I see they come in 325-395, 50-80, 15-20 depending on the tires? some are also shown in cm (example 40X13.50R18LT)? is there a reason for that?
the stock tire is a 29" diameter... anything over a 33" is gunna be a big bite into the vehicle and cutting.. and doing 20's i dont think u'll be off roading.. but u will need to do alot of lifting and cutting for those..

anyways yeah.. I know pretty much nothing about it so if someone could help explain a bit to me.. Also I'm looking for a bigger tire as I think the stock 16" look kinda pathetic on a big truck so I was thinking maybe 18 or 20" but then I know buddie of mine that has a set of 16"s are higher then the tires I've got so maybe 20 will be to big..
as i said 20's are not useful at all if ur planning on bigger tires... and the question aint the clearest but as stated above check out the off road section and do some searching...

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
162 Posts
Read a bit in the off road section...

...then take about two hours and read everything you can about tire size and dimensions on tirerack and discounttiredirect. Short version: no respectable person with Mickeys has anything other than an aftermarket wheel with bead protection/lock. I haven't seen too many people here running them, if any. They're pretty intense tires, usually saved for full size trucks. Probably more than you will need if you're just going over a bit of dirt on the road on the way to work. And the biggest tires you will fit on these vehicles is about 34".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts