Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay.. So I've decided to get a set of MT MTZ's.

29in is the max tire size on the trailblazer without modifications correct?

I want to get a 31" High MT tire, on either a 15 or 16" rim? I don't no If I have the option to pick either one or if the 31" highes only come on one rim size?

Now what will I have to do to the truck to allow me to install these 31" high tires and rims, 15 or 16? also how high would I need to lift the truck? also I was told that the TB's have there own unique bolt pattern and there are few rims to fit it is this true?

Also they guy at the shop told me some trucks have some play in the leveling up front that can allow them to add 2in without a lift kit (which is possible on the silverado) but he was unsure if it could be done on the trailblazer? anyone know if it can? because he said if it was possible I would only be looking at $300 CDN..

Anyone now how much it cost to lift a trailblazer enough to put on 31"s?

Hope this makes a little more sence now that I kinda know what im looking for.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
No. It's a much more complex set of equations to solve. Involving tread width and rims you want to change to (if any) and lift and your budget and many other things we've been discussing in the offroad forum for a couple of years. Please visit there and start with the "Will it fit?" sticky thread and then go to James Downing's modification web site for more details.

Your question isn't a simple one to answer, in one sentence or one paragraph even. For instance, if it's news to you that we have a unique bolt pattern, you have a few hours of reading in the message thread archives to come up to speed a little bit.

Choosing a tire design like the MTZ should be one of the LAST items on a modification campaign, not the first. You may be going about this the wrong way - the trailvoy is not the easiest vehicle to turn into an offroader, and it certainly isn't the cheapest and when you're done it may not do what you hope it can do.

Just some advice from somebody who had to learn most of this stuff without many mentors.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
162 Posts
Also they guy at the shop told me some trucks have some play in the leveling up front that can allow them to add 2in without a lift kit (which is possible on the silverado) but he was unsure if it could be done on the trailblazer? anyone know if it can? because he said if it was possible I would only be looking at $300 CDN..

Anyone now how much it cost to lift a trailblazer enough to put on 31"s?

Hope this makes a little more sence now that I kinda know what im looking for.
The lift he's talking about is not really a lift, but vehicles equipped with a torsion bar front suspension can have the bars adjusted. It can provide a more level look but I wouldn't really call it a lift. I have a '91 Silverado 2500 with the torsion bars cranked all the way up. It didn't exactly ride like a Cadillac before, and it's certainly further away from one now. No torsion bars on the TB though, so a bit of a mute point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts