Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

501 - 520 of 556 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy
8 Posts
Welcome me back!

My name is John and I previously owned a 2004 Bravada. Just bought a 2008 Trailblazer 3LT. This truck is so much better than my Bravada. The Bravada seemed so anemic compared to the TB, this truck has a lot more pep, and feels more solid.

I live in Grand Rapids, bought the truck from Denooyer in Holland.

·
Registered
2004 trailblazer_ls
16 Posts
Hello fellow enthusiasts.
I just moved to Lansing MI along with my fiance. We own a 04 TB 2wd. Its our first time leaving in a place with winters ( i mean snow, ice, etc...)
we dont have the experience driving under those winter conditions. I purchased a set of Blizzak DM-V1 for the SUV and hope that would be enough. What do you guys think?

thank you

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
Hello fellow enthusiasts.
I just moved to Lansing MI along with my fiance. We own a 04 TB 2wd. Its our first time leaving in a place with winters ( i mean snow, ice, etc...)
we dont have the experience driving under those winter conditions. I purchased a set of Blizzak DM-V1 for the SUV and hope that would be enough. What do you guys think?

thank you
Blizzaks will be great. The key is don't do anything sudden on ice, and just remember to take your time and go easy. Sudden acceleration, braking, or hard steering on ice is a sure way to lose grip. If you take your time and leave room in front of you to stop, the Blizzaks will have no problem getting you where you need to go.

·
Registered
2004 trailblazer_ls
16 Posts
Blizzaks will be great. The key is don't do anything sudden on ice, and just remember to take your time and go easy. Sudden acceleration, braking, or hard steering on ice is a sure way to lose grip. If you take your time and leave room in front of you to stop, the Blizzaks will have no problem getting you where you need to go.
Got it, thanks.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
Got it, thanks.
Keep in mind with Blizzaks you'll take right off in the snow, but stopping still sucks when trying to stop that much weight. The tires will help with stopping too, but just leave some space.

My biggest recommendation for anyone who isn't used to driving in the snow, or anyone who got a different vehicle since the previous winter, is in the first snow, go out somewhere away from people, like a big parking lot, and purposely slid around a little, give it a little gas while turning stop hard, all that. That way you'll get a feel for how your vehicle behaves when it starts to slip. Also, its a heck of alot of fun. :D

I grew up in Western NY, in the snow belt. Average annual snowfall for Lansing, MI = 48.8 inches. Average snowfall for Ellicottville, NY = 180 inches. I grew just outside Ellicottville.

·
Registered
2004 trailblazer_ls
16 Posts
Keep in mind with Blizzaks you'll take right off in the snow, but stopping still sucks when trying to stop that much weight. The tires will help with stopping too, but just leave some space.

My biggest recommendation for anyone who isn't used to driving in the snow, or anyone who got a different vehicle since the previous winter, is in the first snow, go out somewhere away from people, like a big parking lot, and purposely slid around a little, give it a little gas while turning stop hard, all that. That way you'll get a feel for how your vehicle behaves when it starts to slip. Also, its a heck of alot of fun. :D

I grew up in Western NY, in the snow belt. Average annual snowfall for Lansing, MI = 48.8 inches. Average snowfall for Ellicottville, NY = 180 inches. I grew just outside Ellicottville.

I was thinking on doing that with my fiance, she really needs to get the hang of it since she is going to be most of the driving in the TB. I`m going to start looking for a place to "practice" when the time comes.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
Hi all... grew up in Muskegon, now live in Twin Lake. Been following the forum for quite a while now, figured its time to join. Just got the Trailblazer last April, great vehicle except for the uncomfortable seats. Currently stock right now and cant stand it however will be lifting with a 3" Markmc suspension and body lift soon.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Hi all... grew up in Muskegon, now live in Twin Lake. Been following the forum for quite a while now, figured its time to join. Just got the Trailblazer last April, great vehicle except for the uncomfortable seats. Currently stock right now and cant stand it however will be lifting with a 3" Markmc suspension and body lift soon.
Welcome :thumbsup:

·
Registered
970 Posts
Rogers City eh?

my family comes from Onaway, rogers city is the next nearest town that has over 500 people

im going up that way here at the end of the month actually, for the sno drift rally in atlanta

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
59 Posts
Rogers City eh?

my family comes from Onaway, rogers city is the next nearest town that has over 500 people

im going up that way here at the end of the month actually, for the sno drift rally in atlanta
Yep :) Glad someone knows where Rogers City is :woohoo:!! Ah ,the Atlanta Sno Drift. I have never been to it.

·
Registered
2002 gmc
2 Posts
New guy from Port Huron...02 envoy just cosmetic stuff done so far...amber lense removed,roof rack delete,tinted tails and reverse lights, debadged and no more moldings, blacked out grille with color matched "gmc"

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
New guy from Port Huron...02 envoy just cosmetic stuff done so far...amber lense removed,roof rack delete,tinted tails and reverse lights, debadged and no more moldings, blacked out grille with color matched "gmc"
Nice, sounds good so far.

501 - 520 of 556 Posts