Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

what date would you prefer?

1 - 20 of 404 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright guys here it is, the second meet of the summer. I have come up with a few areas so far. They are a bit closer to myself this time, do to the recommendations of the guys at our last meet.

Areas in mind, but not limited to:

1. Fenton buffalo wild wings, followed possibly by seven lakes state park (given they have a decent place).

2. Frankenmuth, nice touristy town, just not sure of a good meeting spot yet.

3. Bay City Hooters or Buffalo Wild Wings, followed by either our state park or find a spot down by the river.

4. Anything else you guys might think of.

Let us all know of any other ideas you might have, just figured I'd try and get something started again here. Possible date in mind would be near the end of June. First two weeks of July or so Ill be in Traverse City (now there is a nice place for a meet :thumbsup:), so wouldn't be until sometime in the later part of July before I could make a meet. So thinking later in June here or middle of July or so.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
I say we call around to those restaurants in any of those cities, and see what they can do to acommodate the meet. Any sort of signage, discounts, or extra hooters girls for pics would be pretty cool, haha. I'm rather indifferent though, I'll drive wherever and whenever.

·
Registered
2004 gmc other
571 Posts
Alright guys here it is, the second meet of the summer. I have come up with a few areas so far. They are a bit closer to myself this time, do to the recommendations of the guys at our last meet.
Areas in mind, but not limited to:
1. Fenton buffalo wild wings, followed possibly by seven lakes state park (given they have a decent place).
2. Frankenmuth, nice touristy town, just not sure of a good meeting spot yet.
3. Bay City Hooters or Buffalo Wild Wings, followed by either our state park or find a spot down by the river.
4. Anything else you guys might think of.
Let us all know of any other ideas you might have, just figured I'd try and get something started again here. Possible date in mind would be near the end of June. First two weeks of July or so Ill be in Traverse City (now there is a nice place for a meet :thumbsup:), so wouldn't be until sometime in the later part of July before I could make a meet. So thinking later in June here or middle of July or so.
I would say stay away from Frankenmouth because everytime Ive been there it is wall to wall people and parking is bad. Some place that is easy in and out.:tiphat
glen

I say we call around to those restaurants in any of those cities, and see what they can do to acommodate the meet. Any sort of signage, discounts, or extra hooters girls for pics would be pretty cool, haha. I'm rather indifferent though, I'll drive wherever and whenever.[/QUOTE
One of the area clubs used Pizza Hut. They held there meetings there for a long time.
glen

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Glen, do you realize you can quote more then one post at a time? When you respond to two different posts, just click the button next to "quote" on one, then click the "quote" button on the second posting, and they will both show up in your post.

As for Frankenmuth, it all depends on where you go and if anything is happening on the weekend. If you are off the strip I think it would be fine.

Pizza hut kinda sounds lame to me. Both buffalo wild wings or hooters will have sports on if guys want to watch while we eat and what not.

As for a date, I guess I would lean more towards the middle of July. End of June might be a bit to early for some. If we did Bay City the river roar will be going on the last weekend of June which is right where hooters is at down there, which might not be a good idea.

·
Registered
2004 gmc other
571 Posts
Glen, do you realize you can quote more then one post at a time? When you respond to two different posts, just click the button next to "quote" on one, then click the "quote" button on the second posting, and they will both show up in your post.
As for Frankenmuth, it all depends on where you go and if anything is happening on the weekend. If you are off the strip I think it would be fine.
Pizza hut kinda sounds lame to me. Both buffalo wild wings or hooters will have sports on if guys want to watch while we eat and what not.
As for a date, I guess I would lean more towards the middle of July. End of June might be a bit to early for some. If we did Bay City the river roar will be going on the last weekend of June which is right where hooters is at down there, which might not be a good idea.
Hooters is ok with me . Give me a 5 day lead time.
glen

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mid July is something I just threw out there, doesn't need to be a for sure yet. Basically, just trying to get an idea on how many might want to come. No sense in me trying to get one together if no one is up for it.

·
Registered
970 Posts
im free these weekends...

june 20 and 21

and then july 18 and 19...

if its within 20 or 30 miles of lansing i should be able to do any weekend except the 4th(turning 17....going to rogers city for shooting and offroading)

might i suggest the lansing hooters?

theyre extremely friendly to car groups,have a large parking lot...its right off the highway...its a somewhat centralized location in the state

i suggest lansing hooters

or right next to the lansing hooters is the texas roadhouse

hooters is more car group friendly though

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im free these weekends...

june 20 and 21

and then july 18 and 19...

if its within 20 or 30 miles of lansing i should be able to do any weekend except the 4th(turning 17....going to rogers city for shooting and offroading)

might i suggest the lansing hooters?

theyre extremely friendly to car groups,have a large parking lot...its right off the highway...its a somewhat centralized location in the state

i suggest lansing hooters

or right next to the lansing hooters is the texas roadhouse

hooters is more car group friendly though

:undecided, possible. We need a few more before we can start planning

·
Registered
2004 gmc other
571 Posts
So only 3 members including my self :worried:. I think we can do better then that.
Guess thats better than having 15 sign up and only have 4 or 5 show . Ever thought about a online meeting ?
Pick a date and time and see who shows up . :tiphat
glen

·
Registered
970 Posts
well im 100% on something within 20 or 30 miles...

anything farther and its gotta be on one of those weekends...or i am 90% sure that i wont be able to go

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
68 Posts
Have TB

Have TB and chair will travel.
Guy in chair
Dennis:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 gmc other
571 Posts
anything farther and its gotta be on one of those weekends...or i am 90% sure that i wont be able to go
Have to live by the rules and I understand that.
Maybe if things dont fall in place I might head up your way.
I have a old friend that lives in Stanton...
glen:yes:

·
Registered
2004 gmc other
571 Posts
Lets set up a meet and greet in your area. :coffee
I think there are 3 other members in your area.
The weekend of the 20th or 27th . Pick a spot...
glen :tiphat
maybe do some pix...
open to all...

·
Registered
970 Posts
we'd get alot of onlookers at lansing hooters too...which i think would be good.

do it on a saturday afternoon....people from the movie theatre right behind it would stop by....we could end up potentially with a few new trailvoy members...its probably the most common midsize suv in the county

i really want the 2 people with the TBSS's around here to join up...but i can never catch them at a stop light to talk to them about anything.

in a month i could potentially have my markmc lift kit

1 - 20 of 404 Posts