Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have Michelin Latitude Touring tires on their Trailvoy? I currently have Michelin Cross Terrains that will need to be replaced in the next few months. The Cross Terrian is being discontinued and I want to make sure the Latitudes are on par before I spend $850.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
538 Posts
I had a set of Latitudes (255/50/20) on my 2006 TBSS prior to the Yokohama Parada Spec X tires (275/45/20) I have now. I like the Latitudes very much, but they're as advertised - a touring tire. The turn in and handling is not as sharp as some other tires (like the Spec X). They didn't last any longer than any other tires I've had - usually 18 to 20k is all I get out of any tire (for any car, it would seem).

That being said, I would probably pick the Latitudes again, as I don't autocross, and I realize my truck will never handle like an Evo. They're quiet, they balanced well (and I'm picky about that), and almost as importantly, I've never had a bad experience with any Michelin in the 25 years I've bought tires. I can't say that about other brands.

Oh, I've had good experiences with other brands, but never a bad with Michelins...taking tires back over and over because they don't balance well, etc. - that costs me time, which is money, and perhaps even more importantly, mental grief ("why didn't I buy the Michelins?!")

Pricey, though...particularly in the stock size. I forget which way, but a size or two different would have been much cheaper. I got mine at Costco last time, and they suck about using sizes other than OEM unless you really push them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts