Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trailblazer drives like front tires are on marbles or something. It wanders and feels like it is going to lose control on any kind of bump. New tires. New balljoints and tierods. New alignment all in last 2-3 months. Almost scary to drive. Checked tire pressure try to keep it on factory recommendations. Really driving me crazy. Only thing not new lower control arms and sway bar links

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer = overpriced minivan!
84 Posts
check your control arms! There are rubber pivots in a hinge where they hook into the frame, and they will cause wondering, loose steering, and tire wear. On my 2002 EXT, my right side has slack in it and I'm getting ready to tear them out and replace them. (The driver's side on mine is still tight, but since I'll have to get an alignment anyway, I'm replacing them both) Another issue (but it's more rare and var more expensive to fix) is that the rack and pinion could have wear in it causing this issue

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alignment shop was just under there should have looked when doing alignment as that would negate the alignment

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
646 Posts
Yes, the alignment shop should have checked the control arms - operative word is should. Lot's of shops out there are cutting corners these days, so it's best to check it out yourself rather than assuming they did check them.

Also, have you checked for play in your front wheel hubs, and, if you have them, front axles?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2003 envoy xl did the same thing and I replaced the front hubs and it fixed the problem, if you lift the front off the ground you will probably get some movement top to bottom of the front tires, thats what mine did.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
9 Posts
My trailblazer drives like front tires are on marbles or something. It wanders and feels like it is going to lose control on any kind of bump. New tires. New balljoints and tierods. New alignment all in last 2-3 months. Almost scary to drive. Checked tire pressure try to keep it on factory recommendations. Really driving me crazy. Only thing not new lower control arms and sway bar links
My 02 had a similiar issue had to replace the rack and pinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts